12 months Surgiversary coming up

Hope all is well I'm 2 weeks out from 12 months post op.

just want to update things on my end.

the surgery has helped me so much it is amazing.

I've noticed my metabolism is so much better now I'll be honest whilst I've been n maintenance mode I've had a few treats here and there and it has not affected my weight loss at all.

I've been in maintenance roughly 6 months but I actually dropped a kg the other day I'm not sure why but I'm not complaining.

My highest weight before surgery was 146kgs (322lb) my lowest weight now is 74kgs (163lb)

i look good, I feel great and I'm going to see my surgeon in 2 weeks for my next check up where I'll have my blood done to see how my vitamin levels are going as well.

i still use shakes if I need the protein or I'm busy that day, but I'm also eating a variety of things yoghurt being a favourite.

i just want to show people it is possible to be successful :)

Edited by Casper666

thank you for sharing your journey. it gives hope to those of us earlier in the process. i have a ways to go and dont use shakes but eat high protein foods and limits carbs. i recently got back to working out and hope that assists with the weight loss. thank you for sharing your stats. congratulations on your wellness

9 hours ago, nattie27 said:

thank you for sharing your journey. it gives hope to those of us earlier in the process. i have a ways to go and dont use shakes but eat high protein foods and limits carbs. i recently got back to working out and hope that assists with the weight loss. thank you for sharing your stats. congratulations on your wellness

Yes high protein is most important for our body to function and recover from exercise