Just checking in :)

Hey guys!!

just checking in to see how you all are doing today. It’s a cool 57 degrees here in northern NY today, and I love it! I’m not a big fan of summer weather...give me spring and fall anyway, and I’ll be a happy camper, lol. 

Today is day 15 of my sobriety!! It’s amazing to wake up every morning with no hangover, no injuries and no regrets ❤️ I’ve had 3 sessions with my addiction counselor so far, and Wednesday will be my 2nd session with the psychiatrist. I also have a tele visit with my regular therapist on the 30th. I dare say that I’m starting to get some of my confidence back, and I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel now. Before I got help, I didn’t. 

I think I had mentioned to the group that @PapaDavidbuilt a bar in our house back in 2016. We’ll, it’s beautiful, and I was so sad that it wouldn’t be used for anything substantial anymore. But David came up with a great idea! We turned it into a coffee/tea bar! I’ve NEVER been a coffee person, but I decided to give it a shot. He made me a decaf latte the other night. He made the coffee half strength for me, he used salted caramel skinny syrup in the coffee, put a packet of Splenda in with the fairlife milk before he frothed it, and voila! It was SOOO yummy!! I’ve had one for the last 3 nights in a row! So there is no caffeine, no sugar, and the only calories and carbs come from the milk.  So we took all of the wine glasses down and packed them away, and replaced them with coffee mugs. He’s got his coffee pot, his keurig, his espresso machine and French press in there, plus all of the coffee and teas. So I can still enjoy sitting at the bar, but drinking lattes instead of wine ❤️

I’ve also dropped 6 pounds so far. Ive not been perfect by any means with my diet. The carb cravings have been horrific with giving up the wine. But I’m slowly getting back into the swing of it. Eating smaller meals with less carbs. Not as low as I want to go with the carbs just yet, but I’ll get there. I’m averaging about 1,400 calories a day right now. I’m not in a rush to get the weight off like I was the first time around. I don’t miss a sore tailbone (which David is dealing with now), so I’m hoping if it comes off slower I won’t have that problem this time. 

Let me know how y’all are doing when you get a chance. I hope everyone has a great day today!! And thank you again for all of your awesome support ❤️❤️❤️

5CD2E976-F8B8-4929-AF65-711642E3DDAF.png

91DEA6FD-554B-433C-8A46-578C14942B71.jpeg

9D6ABB8E-BB82-4D7B-85D2-ACE9A47C36D5.jpeg

What a great idea and I love that mug ... "I'm sorry ... Did I roll my eyes out loud?".   I'd like a sweatshirt with that written on it!  :lol:

52 minutes ago, cinwa said:

What a great idea and I love that mug ... "I'm sorry ... Did I roll my eyes out loud?".   I'd like a sweatshirt with that written on it!  :lol:

I thought the mug was hilarious!! We haven’t been spending much money on extras at all since COVID started (with the exception of all of that EVIL wine I was drinking :blink:) but we stopped by Home Goods on the way home from my therapy appointment  on Thursday. Another thing I rarely do since COVID, is go into stores. We needed a few mugs for the coffee bar, and when I saw that one, I said “That’s me”!! Lol...if I ever find a sweatshirt with that saying on it, I’ll buy it and ship it to you!! ❤️:D

Did you notice the two mugs on the on the second shelf? They say This Gema belongs to Harper and This Bepa belongs to Harper ❤️ My daughter gave them to us for Mother’s/Father’s day a couple of years ago, lol

Edited by Nana Trish

Coffee bars are the rage right now and I love this idea!  I am very very proud of you honey for getting the help you need, and the progress you are making.  

As far as updates, I am up 5 pounds from my goal weight.  And we leave on vacation for a week tomorrow :(  So to say I am a bit apprehensive is an understatement.  We are going home to my parents house in northern Minnesota, so the food will be plentiful :(  I plan on walking with my Dad in the morning.  He walks one mile every day at 7 am.  

I will try to be mindful of the carbs.  Even 5# is a struggle for me to get back into the "weight loss mentality", since I've been in maintenance 3 years+.

On 9/20/2020 at 2:47 PM, Nana Trish said:

.....if I ever find a sweatshirt with that saying on it, I’ll buy it and ship it to you!! ❤️:D

I Googled "I'm Sorry Did I Roll My Eyes Out Loud?" ... It brought up a good few stores.  I'm going to get me one.  You can even get it in a T-shirt and apron version.

https://www.teeshirtpalace.com/products/im-sorry-did-i-roll-my-eyes-out-loud-funny-sweatshirt?color=ash&size=L&gclid=CjwKCAjwwab7BRBAEiwAapqpTA_tciEKIOlu2m0CF0T9qwyJJBC0yi-ZI_va76fvO_8xNmZ56lcUcRoC7JMQAvD_BwE

On 9/22/2020 at 10:53 AM, cinwa said:

I Googled "I'm Sorry Did I Roll My Eyes Out Loud?" ... It brought up a good few stores.  I'm going to get me one.  You can even get it in a T-shirt and apron version.

https://www.teeshirtpalace.com/products/im-sorry-did-i-roll-my-eyes-out-loud-funny-sweatshirt?color=ash&size=L&gclid=CjwKCAjwwab7BRBAEiwAapqpTA_tciEKIOlu2m0CF0T9qwyJJBC0yi-ZI_va76fvO_8xNmZ56lcUcRoC7JMQAvD_BwE

Very cool!! Oh boy, I'll have to get an apron with that saying on it for david to wear...he's not always non sarcastic, despite what he says...LOLOL!!

The coffee bar is perfect! Your husband did a great job. I am glad to read life is going well for you now. Keep up with your new habits. Day by day!

On 9/20/2020 at 11:01 PM, Aussie Bear said:

Great idea! I love the mug as well.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:12 PM, Anita1962 said:

The coffee bar is perfect! Your husband did a great job. I am glad to read life is going well for you now. Keep up with your new habits. Day by day!

@Aussie Bearthe mug is so cool, and I’m getting addicted to lattes, lol. I’ve had one every night since we did the conversion in the bar, and I’m loving them. Can’t beat it...they taste great, only about 90 calories, and no alcohol!! I’m 3 weeks sober today, so I’ll take the new addiction to lattes over wine any day :) Especially since they are decaf as well! :)

@Anita1962, thanks for the compliment :) I sure have a talented hubby, and I’m one lucky woman ❤️ Life is definitely getting better, but I’m still having a rough time giving up the carbs. It seems harder now than it was during my pre op diet, but I’ll have to get my butt in gear, and get moving!

Edited by Nana Trish
On 9/22/2020 at 10:28 AM, TammyP said:

Coffee bars are the rage right now and I love this idea!  I am very very proud of you honey for getting the help you need, and the progress you are making.  

As far as updates, I am up 5 pounds from my goal weight.  And we leave on vacation for a week tomorrow :(  So to say I am a bit apprehensive is an understatement.  We are going home to my parents house in northern Minnesota, so the food will be plentiful :(  I plan on walking with my Dad in the morning.  He walks one mile every day at 7 am.  

I will try to be mindful of the carbs.  Even 5# is a struggle for me to get back into the "weight loss mentality", since I've been in maintenance 3 years+.

Thank you, my sweet friend!! ❤️ Your words of encouragement always make me smile! I’m pulling for you to maintain, or at least keep the gain to a minimum while on vacation. The walks should help with that. I’ve really got to start walking again too. I know what you mean about getting back into the weight loss mentality! Last year at this time, I was desperately trying to gain, and now I’ve put on way too much, and have to start over again. I’m working on it, and I think you’ll be fine! You’ve done a phenomenal job over the past 3 years, and you’ll get back to where you want to be. I have faith in you!! ❤️❤️❤️

Just one latte a day @Nana Trish....I have at least 4 at the moment. Yes I know, in the volume I'm having them I'm definitely drinking my calories....sometimes in life though we just seem to need a vice.

I actually drink mine for a reason as I generally won't eat until 2-3pm. Once I eat I won't usually leave home, so the lattes get me through everything I need to do away from home on the daily. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Bear said:

Just one latte a day @Nana Trish....I have at least 4 at the moment. Yes I know, in the volume I'm having them I'm definitely drinking my calories....sometimes in life though we just seem to need a vice.

I actually drink mine for a reason as I generally won't eat until 2-3pm. Once I eat I won't usually leave home, so the lattes get me through everything I need to do away from home on the daily. 

Yeah, just one a day for me. Using the Fairlife skim milk, my lattes only have about 80 calories in them, so not bad at all. I don’t do caffeine, so drinking more of them wouldn’t help get me through my day, lol. Sometimes I wish I could drink caffeine, as I don’t sleep, but it really messes with my AFib, and gives me serious heart palpitations. I eat first thing in the morning, then every 3 hours during the day. I’d probably have more than one latte if I waited to eat until mid afternoon. If you’re not gaining weight, I wouldn’t worry about the calories if I were you ❤️

21 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Yeah, just one a day for me. Using the Fairlife skim milk, my lattes only have about 80 calories in them, so not bad at all. I don’t do caffeine, so drinking more of them wouldn’t help get me through my day, lol. Sometimes I wish I could drink caffeine, as I don’t sleep, but it really messes with my AFib, and gives me serious heart palpitations. I eat first thing in the morning, then every 3 hours during the day. I’d probably have more than one latte if I waited to eat until mid afternoon. If you’re not gaining weight, I wouldn’t worry about the calories if I were you ❤️

I'm honestly not worried about the calories. They are <100 calories anyway. Milk is something that doesn't set of hypoglycemia for me, when at times almost anything else will. I just never know from day to day what might cause an episode. So while I have to be out and about (especially if I have to drive), I won't take the risk of eating

The coffee bar is so beautiful.  I love it.  The mug is great. And congrats to you, continue your counseling and hugs.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:19 PM, Aussie Bear said:

I'm honestly not worried about the calories. They are <100 calories anyway. Milk is something that doesn't set of hypoglycemia for me, when at times almost anything else will. I just never know from day to day what might cause an episode. So while I have to be out and about (especially if I have to drive), I won't take the risk of eating

I’m glad milk doesn’t set off an episode for you, and that you can drink lattes worry free :) I don’t blame you for not eating until mid afternoon if you have to be out during that time. You don’t need to be having crashes while you’re driving!

On 9/29/2020 at 12:37 AM, LeeC said:

The coffee bar is so beautiful.  I love it.  The mug is great. And congrats to you, continue your counseling and hugs.

Thank you!! We love the coffee bar, and I’ve had a latte almost every night since I’ve stopped drinking. I’m 28 days sober today! I’m continuing my counseling and meds as scheduled, and so far, so good. It’s still pretty shaky ground some days, but I’m still making it through ❤️

On 10/3/2020 at 4:10 PM, Nana Trish said:

Thank you!! We love the coffee bar, and I’ve had a latte almost every night since I’ve stopped drinking. I’m 28 days sober today! I’m continuing my counseling and meds as scheduled, and so far, so good. It’s still pretty shaky ground some days, but I’m still making it through ❤️

And I'm sure now you're a full month! Congratulations! We have a tiny little coffee bar and it's my favorite corner of the house most days! I love a good latte and now that it's chilly, a little decaf after dinner is nice and cozy.

On 10/8/2020 at 11:08 AM, delilas said:

And I'm sure now you're a full month! Congratulations! We have a tiny little coffee bar and it's my favorite corner of the house most days! I love a good latte and now that it's chilly, a little decaf after dinner is nice and cozy.

I’m 39 days sober today!! Thank you so much!! I’m still struggling a lot with my weight though...I gained the 6 pounds back, plus a couple more...ugh. I’m still not 100% committed to getting back on track, and I don’t know exactly why I can’t get my focus back and start getting this extra weight off. I remember being so strict and focused when I started my pre op diet...it was like a light switch got flipped and in my mind, eating anything off plan was out of the question. And I stayed that way for well over a year, with the exception of the wine. Now I find myself going back to my old habits to comfort myself when I’m anxious, which seems to be all the time lately. I’ve had some changes in my meds, and they are weaning me off of benzos, but the drug that they replaced my Xanax with (Librium) makes me completely exhausted all day. I feel like a zombie, and can barely keep my eyes open.  Hopefully I won’t have to be on that med for long. I’m gonna give it my best shot to get back on track starting tomorrow, and see where it goes. Wish me luck! 

Yes, the coffee bar is awesome :) that’s when I have my lattes too...after dinner. I love it!! I’m glad you enjoy them as well :) 

On 10/14/2020 at 12:38 PM, dWel said:

Nice coffee bar and coffee mug as well.

Thank you @dWel :)