There is seems to be a debate if Flintstone vitamins are good for W L S  patients. I was given paper work today at the Nut( I actually knew more then she did, by reading this forum!). I was given what % of each vitamin my multivitamin should have. This is to start presurgery. The best one I have found Is the Flintstone complete. I can’t remember why it was frowned upon on the forum. Please help. Thx Blue

Edited by Bluetardis45
  • 2 weeks later...

I take 2 flinstones daily and my bariatric team has no problem with it.  I had labs done for a physical 2 weeks ago and they were great.

On 8/28/2020 at 6:36 PM, Bluetardis45 said:

There is seems to be a debate if Flintstone vitamins are good for W L S  patients. I was given paper work today at the Nut( I actually knew more then she did, by reading this forum!). I was given what % of each vitamin my multivitamin should have. This is to start presurgery. The best one I have found Is the Flintstone complete. I can’t remember why it was frowned upon on the forum. Please help. Thx Blue

Regardless of what multivitamin you choose, just make sure that it's complete both in ingredient and in the dosage.  The recommendation for a VSG and band patient is 100% RDA and 200% for RNY and DS.  Table 5 of this document:  http://s3.amazonaws.com/publicASMBS/GuidelinesStatements/Guidelines/bgs_final.pdf

Not all Flintstones are complete so choose wisely:

FLINTSTONES™ Complete Gummies - these are not complete and the recommended dose of 2 a day will leave you lacking:  post-1935-0-22499400-1377436076_thumb.pn

FLINTSTONES™ Complete Chewables are a better option:  post-1935-0-09113900-1377436303_thumb.pn
14 hours ago, cinwa said:

Regardless of what multivitamin you choose, just make sure that it's complete both in ingredient and in the dosage.  The recommendation for a VSG and band patient is 100% RDA and 200% for RNY and DS.  Table 5 of this document:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/publicASMBS/GuidelinesStatements/Guidelines/bgs_final.pdf

Not all Flintstones are complete so choose wisely:

FLINTSTONES™ Complete Gummies - these are not complete and the recommended dose of 2 a day will leave you lacking:  post-1935-0-22499400-1377436076_thumb.pn

FLINTSTONES™ Complete Chewables are a better option:  post-1935-0-09113900-1377436303_thumb.pn

I do use the chewables.  Gummies (calcium gummies) make me dump so I never have used any other kind of gummy.

Hi all! Once again I can’t log in with my other account. Can anyone clarify- two flint stones chewable are equalivant to barractric multivitamin?

5 hours ago, Anita1962 said:

Hi all! Once again I can’t log in with my other account. Can anyone clarify- two flint stones chewable are equalivant to barractric multivitamin?

Flintstones Chewables don't come remotely close to meeting our needs.

As it stands, I only know of 2 companies who meet those guidelines - Celebrate Multivitamins and Bariatric Advantage.

This is a comparison of Flintstones Complete Gummies and Celebrate Chewable Multitamins - not only are Flintstones very low in the actual doses but they're missing a lot of essential vitamins and minerals.  1st is Flintstones, 2nd is Celebrate:

post-1935-0-54578500-1325335944_thumb.pn

post-1935-0-03877000-1325335994_thumb.pn

Another chewable multivitamin option is Centrum Silver chewable multivitamins (or the equivalent ones available at CVS).  I have been taking them since my surgery many years ago with great results.  Note that these multivitamins do not have iron, and you will still need to take calcium citrate (and probably vitamin D) separately.  

17 hours ago, cinwa said:

Flintstones Chewables don't come remotely close to meeting our needs.

As it stands, I only know of 2 companies who meet those guidelines - Celebrate Multivitamins and Bariatric Advantage.

This is a comparison of Flintstones Complete Gummies and Celebrate Chewable Multitamins - not only are Flintstones very low in the actual doses but they're missing a lot of essential vitamins and minerals.  1st is Flintstones, 2nd is Celebrate:

post-1935-0-54578500-1325335944_thumb.pn

post-1935-0-03877000-1325335994_thumb.pn

Thank you. I do take the bariatric advantage multivitamin.

17 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Another chewable multivitamin option is Centrum Silver chewable multivitamins (or the equivalent ones available at CVS).  I have been taking them since my surgery many years ago with great results.  Note that these multivitamins do not have iron, and you will still need to take calcium citrate (and probably vitamin D) separately.  

Thanks for this info.