FatA$$2Fabulous

Any Vegetarian/ Vegans out There?

Just wondering if there is any vegetarian/ vegans that have had bypass and if there was issues with food choices after surgery. I have the sleeve, but it is being revised to bypass. I am a little nervous about food tolerance to beans and vegetables after bypass. I never had any issues with the sleeve, but I know that bypass can be a little tricky with dumping etc.

Although I am not a vegetarian, I am married to one and thus eat many dishes based on beans and/or vegetables.  I have had no problems with eating beans and vegetables.

I dump when I eat more than a couple spoonfuls of high fat foods that are also high in sugar, such as ice cream or birthday cake.  Note that some people (but not me) dump after consuming some artificial sweeteners or alcohol.

I haven't been able to eat meat regardless of what or how it's prepared since having my RNY. 

I eat beans, legumes, vegetables and/or fruit with zero problem.  But like Res Ipsa, I have to be careful with artificial sweeteners unless I want to spend a great deal of time counting tiles in my bathroom.  I don't drink alcohol.