tracyringo

eating and feeling sick and hour later

Okay this has happened a few times now.  I eat a meal and start feeling sick anywhere from  30 min to an hour.  Its not dumping sick where I am in the bathroom dry heaving and then curled in a ball for an hour or 2.   Its more like a queasy yucky feeling.  Sometimes I may feel a little warm and/or tired .   Right now I am just feeling queasy, yucky , and tired .

Tracy,

If you've ruled out too high a fat or sugar content, could it be that you're eating a little more than your designer digestive system is happy with?

3 hours ago, cinwa said:

Tracy,

If you've ruled out too high a fat or sugar content, could it be that you're eating a little more than your designer digestive system is happy with?

Yeah it is after meals and other then the 2 cereal instances I haven't been eating sugar.   It is always possible I could be eating too much I suppose.  I do weigh and measure but don't eat all on my plate .  I stop the first time I belch if I have food left I eat it later rather then snacking which is what I had done with the sleeve too.

I see the Dr. on Tuesday.

Well it happened again.  I have been away for my sons wedding and we went to cracker barrel and I had biscuit and gravy with bacon.  45 min later I thought I was dying.  I think its the processed foods and have pretty much vowed to stay away from all of them over the next several months.  I dump on processed food and I am sure I would on sugar too.  I hope over time I will stop dumping if that is at all possible 

11 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Well it happened again.  I have been away for my sons wedding and we went to cracker barrel and I had biscuit and gravy with bacon.  45 min later I thought I was dying.  I think its the processed foods and have pretty much vowed to stay away from all of them over the next several months.  I dump on processed food and I am sure I would on sugar too.  I hope over time I will stop dumping if that is at all possible 

Processed foods usually have some form of sugar or high GI ingredients.  Have you tested your blood glucose at all when this feeling happens. Mine skyrockets with pretty much any processed foods or anything containing high GI flour (especially white flour, rice flour or rye flours). Then it will drop through the floor.  You may just be getting the rise without the hypoglycemia later that would be classified as classic late dumping.

7 minutes ago, Aussie Bear said:

Processed foods usually have some form of sugar or high GI ingredients.  Have you tested your blood glucose at all when this feeling happens. Mine skyrockets with pretty much any processed foods or anything containing high GI flour (especially white flour, rice flour or rye flours). Then it will drop through the floor.  You may just be getting the rise without the hypoglycemia later that would be classified as classic late dumping.

Its awful.  I have been able to tolerate potatoes and rice.  I guess its going to be trial and error until I am able to get my foods all worked out.

Does the dumping ever go away on its own ?

Edited by tracyringo

On 6/22/2020 at 9:09 PM, tracyringo said:

Does the dumping ever go away on its own ?

My surgeon says it does eventually just go away. Unfortunately the timing is different for everybody, and they can't predict how long that will take. 

I actually saw my surgeon this morning. He told me that my ulcer is unlikely to heal on its own, so he'll be going in himself next time he visits (not for 9 weeks) to see what's really going on. He said the description he has from the surgeon who found it leads him to believe there is a blood flow issue to the site, and that it would have had nothing to do with the NSAIDS afterall. Unfortunately,  that surgeon didn't attach photos to my file. So I have to stay on the PPIs for another couple of months at a minimum, even though he acknowledges the blood sugar issues are exacerbated by the PPI. At least he is intent on handling it himself, rather than me being frustrated any further by other surgeons.