Welcome Beccy.

I know that not being able to vomit post-gastric bypass is not unusual.  I'm getting on for 13 years post-RNY and haven't thrown up once and believe me, there have been times when I wish I could but all I do is heave.

12 hours ago, cinwa said:

Welcome Beccy.

I know that not being able to vomit post-gastric bypass is not unusual.  I'm getting on for 13 years post-RNY and haven't thrown up once and believe me, there have been times when I wish I could but all I do is heave.

Me too @cinwa .  I don't think I can either and I wanted to the other morning when I was dumping on cereal !!!

14 hours ago, Beccy said:

Why can't I vomit?

Did you have the sleeve or the Gastric bypass ?  You should be able to on the sleeve .  

13 hours ago, Beccy said:

I have a sleeve 

Hmmmmmmm, when I had the sleeve all I had to do was cough !!   I cant do it now even when my body is doing the whole thing on its own, nothing comes out but clear liquid..  How long ago was your surgery ?   

15 hours ago, Beccy said:

February 12th

It makes no sense to me that you dont vomit with a sleeve.  I would understand if you had the bypass.  Have you asked your Dr. about it ?