tracyringo

lower back injections

I have a question for you by passers.  I get lumbar injections for my back that help me walk for the most part pain free.   I am wondering if I will still be able to have those after having conversion to by pass ?  I had read something about it awhile back but was in a hurry and figured I might be able to come in here and have light shed on the matter.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:15 AM, tracyringo said:

I have a question for you by passers.  I get lumbar injections for my back that help me walk for the most part pain free.   I am wondering if I will still be able to have those after having conversion to by pass ?  I had read something about it awhile back but was in a hurry and figured I might be able to come in here and have light shed on the matter.

I'm not a doctor Tracy but I don't know of any reason why you can't have lumber injections for pain following a VSG.  I'm assuming they're a steroid - if so, be careful,  one of the side effects is weight gain so you'll have to be diligent about your food choices.

4 hours ago, cinwa said:

I'm not a doctor Tracy but I don't know of any reason why you can't have lumber injections for pain following a VSG.  I'm assuming they're a steroid - if so, be careful,  one of the side effects is weight gain so you'll have to be diligent about your food choices.

I am having a revision to Bypass.  I am asking about those injections for after the revision.  Do you know anything about it ?

11 hours ago, tracyringo said:

I am having a revision to Bypass.  I am asking about those injections for after the revision.  Do you know anything about it ?

I only know of one patient who had lumber injections post-RNY but they found them enormously helpful in relieving pain.

5 hours ago, cinwa said:

I only know of one patient who had lumber injections post-RNY but they found them enormously helpful in relieving pain.

Wonderful, thank you.  My date has been set for May 22.