Hi everyone.  I am really hoping someone canhelp.  I am 5 and a half months post RNY surgery and everything has been going well.  I have lost 5st6 lbs and feeling really pleased.  About a week I started feeling sick and very tired.  I feel nauseas all of the time but I am not actually vomiting and I feel really tired all of the time.  I have not recently changed my diet and I am not eating any more or less than usual.  Does anyone have any ideas.  Thanks. Stay safe and well.

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss!  With respect to your constant nausea, what you describe is not normal.  You should discuss this soon with a physician, by telephone if possible given the pandemic.  

We are here to support you.

I’m in the same boat. I am 6 months post-op and have lost 123 lbs. I have had 3 surgeries following the original RNY surgery (leak, bowel obstruction, adhesion removal) and have basically suffered from pain and nausea since day 1. I am on countless medicines and meet weekly with my surgeon. I have had numerous tests; EGDs, colonoscopy, MRI, 3 CTs, abdominal X-ray, 2 swallow tests, modified swallow test and I have been on TPN. My abdomen looks like Edward Scissor-Hands had his way with me. There doesn’t appear to be any end in sight OR anything wrong that’s diagnosable. Can anyone think of anything that may be wrong?!? 

I wish I had never had the surgery. I just wanted to be a better more active mother. Now my mother is raising my babies while I lay in bed. I often worry about dying and leaving my children motherless, but sometimes I secretly pray that I won’t wake up just so I can be free from the pain. Help!!!

@Babbs_Oneal - you should strongly consider going to another surgeon at another hospital for a second opinion on what is wrong with you and how it can be fixed.  A fresh perspective can often determine what is wrong. The complications and pain that you describe are not normal.

The percentage of people that have serious complications after weight loss surgery in the US and UK is very low, and far lower than the risk of serious complications by remaining very overweight.

Finally, please go see ASAP a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist over your thoughts about wanting to die.  

We are here to support you.