Revision to bypass from VSG

1 hour ago, tracyringo said:

On a good note my weight seems to be pretty stable.  I would not mind hitting 161 so I can say I lost 150 lbs but losing 148lbs is pretty awesome:D

No - losing 148 pounds is not "pretty awesome", it is very very awesome!  (Or as a Bostonian would say, "wicked awesome"). :)

Well it happened !!!   I got on the scale this morning and it read 160.8 !!   I have lost 150 lbs !!!   @Res Ipsa it does not feel any different from the 148 but it is something about seeing the number 150, lol !!   WHOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

1 hour ago, tracyringo said:

Well it happened !!!   I got on the scale this morning and it read 160.8 !!   I have lost 150 lbs !!!   @Res Ipsa it does not feel any different from the 148 but it is something about seeing the number 150, lol !!   WHOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  You truly are an inspiration to us all. :)

That is outstanding Tracy - congratulations!

Do you realize, you've lost 18 gallon bottles of water!  Just for fun, try picking up 150lb - that'll really bring your success home.

12 hours ago, cinwa said:

That is outstanding Tracy - congratulations!

Do you realize, you've lost 18 gallon bottles of water!  Just for fun, try picking up 150lb - that'll really bring your success home.

Thanks @cinwa and no I never thought about it weighing 18 gallons !!  OH my, no I dont think I could carry 150 pounds and I am not sure about picking it up but I will do it with a family member LOL

12 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Thanks @cinwa and no I never thought about it weighing 18 gallons !!  OH my, no I dont think I could carry 150 pounds and I am not sure about picking it up but I will do it with a family member LOL

As a person who travels a lot, I always think of extra weight in terms of heavy suitcases (which weight about 38-44 pound each).  So Tracy, when you lost 150 pounds, you no longer had to carry about 4 heavy suitcases every single moment of your life (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). You are a true inspiration to us all.

I can not tell you the last time I weighed under 160.  160s was my high school weight !!!  In truth though I have not been eating much and food seems like a pain in the rear.  I can eat and I dont have problems but I am just not interested.  I am going to assume I am going through some kind of phase.  I am wondering if anyone else has had issues with not being interested even though they dont have a problem eating ?  Another thing is that I had noticed I was drinking more alcohol and I have never been more then an occasional drinker so I have nipped that in the butt.  This makes me wonder if I am trying to transfer my addiction from food somewhere else.  I am very aware of myself and paying attention which has got me thinking I may need to get into some counseling to find out what is going on with me.

20200905_083341 (1).jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I am a little over 4 months post op revision to RNY and doing okay.  My weight seems to be stable at 158.2 to 159.8. I go through phases of wanting to eat and not caring either way.  I am starting to think it is because I have to watch what I eat and sometimes it doesnt seem worth the trouble.  Its a day to day thing.  I am much better at stopping now even when I dont feel anything because I dont want to get sick and I get violently ill when I eat something my body says no to.

7 hours ago, tracyringo said:

I am a little over 4 months post op revision to RNY and doing okay.  My weight seems to be stable at 158.2 to 159.8. I go through phases of wanting to eat and not caring either way.  I am starting to think it is because I have to watch what I eat and sometimes it doesnt seem worth the trouble.  Its a day to day thing.  I am much better at stopping now even when I dont feel anything because I dont want to get sick and I get violently ill when I eat something my body says no to.

Even over three years out from my revision I still dish up a portion serve on smaller plates and eat just that amount and stop. I do often have to force myself to have a meal, but having meals already prepared and ready to go really helps me move past the can't be bothered attitude I can get. If I'm eating at siblings (I don't ever eat at restaurants etc anymore) then I usually dish up my own meals and manage the portion size that way. I'm not the only person in my family that has had WLS, so it's accepted that we dish out our own portions (and also very telling if we are all there together....let's just say the portion sizes do tend to mirror the regain amounts).

1 hour ago, Aussie Bear said:

Even over three years out from my revision I still dish up a portion serve on smaller plates and eat just that amount and stop. I do often have to force myself to have a meal, but having meals already prepared and ready to go really helps me move past the can't be bothered attitude I can get. If I'm eating at siblings (I don't ever eat at restaurants etc anymore) then I usually dish up my own meals and manage the portion size that way. I'm not the only person in my family that has had WLS, so it's accepted that we dish out our own portions (and also very telling if we are all there together....let's just say the portion sizes do tend to mirror the regain amounts).

I will pass on big portions and often not finish because I dont want to get sick.  Better safe then sorry !!

• 1 month later...

Well its been 6 months and 2 days since my revision to bypass.  I weighed in at 163 this morning.  I had my 6 month check up 2 weeks ago and am going in for a covid test Friday so that I can get an EGD done on Monday.  We are suspecting that I may have ulcers, if not ulcers then I still have reflux.  I have been praying I havent gotten worse if it is the reflux.

8 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Well its been 6 months and 2 days since my revision to bypass.  I weighed in at 163 this morning.  I had my 6 month check up 2 weeks ago and am going in for a covid test Friday so that I can get an EGD done on Monday.  We are suspecting that I may have ulcers, if not ulcers then I still have reflux.  I have been praying I havent gotten worse if it is the reflux.

Good luck @tracyringo. Ulcers suck...coming from someone who has just had one. At least they are looking early. My sister has just recently had her second emergency (open abdominal) surgery in 12 months for perforated ulcers. It sounds like the revision she had which she thought was to RNY, was actually a looped mini Bypass.  The acid was pooling in the loop and burning through her bypassed intestine. After replumbing during her surgery, she now has the RNY she thought she'd had the first time.

9 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Good luck @tracyringo. Ulcers suck...coming from someone who has just had one. At least they are looking early. My sister has just recently had her second emergency (open abdominal) surgery in 12 months for perforated ulcers. It sounds like the revision she had which she thought was to RNY, was actually a looped mini Bypass.  The acid was pooling in the loop and burning through her bypassed intestine. After replumbing during her surgery, she now has the RNY she thought she'd had the first time.

How did you get rid of yours?  If that is what I have will they change my diet?  I dont have problems eating or notice anything after eating.  I usually wake up in the morning burning and sometimes through the day or night.  They have put me on liquid pepcid to take before bed.  I took some last night around 10 PM when I felt the burning coming on.  It feels like it did with the sleeve so that is why I am saying reflux but what do I know lol.

9 hours ago, tracyringo said:

How did you get rid of yours?  If that is what I have will they change my diet?  

I just took massive doses of various acid reducers. Nexium, then sucralfate, back to nexium (as the sucralfate gave me hypoglycemic episodes)  and eventually back to pantoprozale once I took myself off the nexium after I realised that was also playing havoc with my reactive hypoglycemia. I was on them for over 9 months for a "very small anastomotic ulcer",  but the timing was more about Covid restrictions on elective surgeries meaning the surgeon wouldn't clear me to stop taking them until he could confirm by endoscopy that it had healed. My ulcer wasn't caused by diet or h pylori though, rather it was an experiment with anti-inflamatory medication taken with a PPI (surgeon approved but the ulcer was there by day 4).

The only thing I really stopped consuming was peppermint,  but I tend to have a very restricted diet anyway due to the hypoglycemia. 

I went for my EGD this morning and have went from grade D to grade A erosive esophagitis in the past 6 months !!

I do NOT have ulcers.   They saying I still have reflux and are sending me to the hospital for the acid test.  I am just relieved that I am healing and do not have ulcers. 

I didnt pass out with the meds given to me for the EDG and they said my vitals were too low to give me more.  NOT HAPPY about that.  I was choking during the procedure and I do remember !!!  Anyhow that is why they are sending me to hospital for the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is a day that I will never forget.  I lost half of my body weight !!!  I weighed in at 155lbs !!   CRAZY !!  It may only last a day or two but damn I am still in disbelief when I think back to a little over 3 years ago.  I would never have believed I would get this low.  I must have been in Jr. High the last time I weighed 155.  I remember being 14 and weighing 145.  In high school 160s.  WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Wow Tracy, that is amazing! Very proud for you, I can just imagine how great it must feel to reach that goal. Big kudos to you! Best early Christmas present you could give yourself. May you live a long, happy and healthy life now from all your hard work :rolleyes: 

Edited by Ladybugzzz86

• 3 months later...

I am a little over 10 months post op weighing in at 159 this morning.  Things are going well although I have been battling with head hunger on and off for the last few weeks.  I feel like somedays I just want to eat and other days I could care less, not having restriction is still a little depressing but as far as weight loss goes and maintaining it has been much easier then the sleeve and I hope that continues !

I have not been contacted other then 1 time to have the Bravo test and am still having GERD issues but it has gotten better since I started doing half dose of PPI in morning and the other half at night.  I go for my year check up in May so maybe they will schedule me then to see what is going on in there.

I am glad that I had the revision and hope things continue to get better but doubt I will ever get off this PPI

• 1 month later...

Its been a year since my revision and it flew by quickly.  I weighed in at 154 and am content with how things all worked out!

On 9/1/2020 at 6:36 AM, tracyringo said:

Well it happened !!!   I got on the scale this morning and it read 160.8 !!   I have lost 150 lbs !!!  ..........  WHOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

That is outstanding Tracy!

Got to ask ... are you going to settle at 160.8lb or are you going to try to drop a few more pounds?  Your initial goal is showing 180lb.

8 hours ago, cinwa said:

That is outstanding Tracy!

Got to ask ... are you going to settle at 160.8lb or are you going to try to drop a few more pounds?  Your initial goal is showing 180lb.

I am 154lbs I wont be unhappy if I go back up to 160s because my face has really sunken in and even the skin on my forearms is sagging.