EveS

Scale is not moving!

Hello,  I am almost 5 months post OP. I lost 40 pounds fairly quickly however have been losing at a very slow pace since January. Is this common? Also, I am able to eat 1200 calories.  Shouldn't I have more restriction? Thanks for your input. 

Hi Eve - 

I had the sleeve done on 12/31/2019 - so I'm just over 5 weeks out.  My Dr told me I should stick to 1500 calories per day.  At week 3 I spoke to my Nutritionist for the first time & she was VERY surprised.  I was pushing to hit 1000 calories & she told me I needed to stop.  I should be at 800 calories & not at 1000 until 10 to 12 months out. 

So - I think we all will have to do this at some point - I have to plan my food intake based on the number of calories I want to stay at.  I may occasionally go over - but that is because I typically need a protein shake or two to keep my protein intake in the correct range. 

Key take away - DONT RELY ON THE RESTRICTION - you - not your stomach - now have to control the amount of food you eat.

I will add this tip - not sure if you can eat pickles or not - but I recently found out they are ZERO calorie - or very very low calorie.  So if you are getting a craving - eat a pickle!  A couple of gherkins will fill me up for an hour or so & don't add to my daily calorie intake. 

Edited by Brass Monkey

@EveS - what do you mean by a "very slow pace"?  Even 6 pounds a month will result in a yearly loss of 72 pounds.

We are here to support you.

Depends what you're eating.  Calories and restriction are completely different things.  You can consume very high calorie slider foods that sabotage your weight loss but that's not an indication your restriction is faulty.  Are you tracking your intake?  Make sure your focus is on solid protein first, then veggies.  Skip simple carbs like rice/bread/pasta until you reach maintenance and then use them carefully.  Drink plenty of water between meals.  Sticking to the plan yields results every time even if they are not as fast as you'd like.