Mrssanada

Starting to panic bout getting surgery

Hi all one week till surgery and i havent cheated on my perop diet if anything i missed a few shakes and one soup but i have narcolepsy and just found out i am going thru menopause so i sleep a lot and have missed sum shakes anywho i am starting to panic really bad if i should do this or not any advice would be great! 

I have never regretted having my gastric bypass, as it allowed me to become thin, healthy, and a lot more active.  Life is so much better without the excess weight, plus I should live much longer.  I have never regretted having my gastric bypass.  

We are here to support you.

I think most of us had some last minutes "second thoughts" and were nervous going into it.  Most of us also now say the only regret we have is that we didn't do it sooner!  Life is so good at normal weight; there's a lot you miss out on as an obese person that you don't even realize until you leave that life behind.  Here's to your new healthy life!

Thnx so much guys it helped alot!

You can do this and we are here to support you.  Here is a TTF post that I had in 2015: 

When I was just about to be put under on my day of surgery two years ago, my operating room nurse at Mass General Hospital in Boston came up to me and told me that I was doing the right thing.  She then told me that she had WLS a few years ago and that it really changed her life for the better.  She then showed me her two nurse badges - each one had a photo on it.  The older badge showed a very large woman and the new one showed her as she was that day with me, a slim healthy looking woman.  She gave me kind words and hope when I needed it most, and I have not forgot it (although I never got a chance to thank her).

You are now 2 days post op and from now on life will only get better and better.  My 4 year surgiversary is Jan 26.  I wear a size 10 jeans, M or L shirts. My A1C is 5.3, blood pressure low and energy level is good.  I take my supplements and use a carb counter. Your next two weeks is small sips and lots of steps. Follow instructions about diet and you should have no problems and much success.

Thnx so much for all the advice! I did go thru with it and now if I sneeze its the most painful thing ever! but i dont have a lot of pain but what was expected and Tylenol is helping a lot but when does the weird sensation of ur guts being rearranged go away if ever

23 hours ago, Mrssanada said:

Thnx so much for all the advice! I did go thru with it and now if I sneeze its the most painful thing ever! but i dont have a lot of pain but what was expected and Tylenol is helping a lot but when does the weird sensation of ur guts being rearranged go away if ever

Hang in there - it should get better soon.  Be sure to drink enough liquids so as to avoid dehydration.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 4:33 PM, Mrssanada said:

Yay for you!  Congratulations on beginning your journey to a healthy life!  You have a lot of healing to do...this is major surgery!  You will feel (and hear) lots of strange things in the meantime but I'm sleeve not bypass so our experiences are probably different.  What I do know is nearly universal though is that after you heal completely (6 to 8 weeks) and you start developing your new habits, it will soon become your new normal.  Which is a good thing.  If what was normal before was working we wouldn't have needed surgery. Welcome to the other side, life is so good!