When can coffee be added back in?

I have been told I'm unpleasant decaffeinated.

depends on your doctor. some say never, some say it doesn't matter after you heal.

My nut had no issues with coffee.  Contact your nutritionist.

I was told decaf is OK until I can drink enough water to stay hydrated - then I can go back to the real stuff. 

I just started caffeinated today & I am 2 weeks out (sleeve). 

I'm also drinking between 60 & 80 oz of water a day.  What I was told is the caffeine dehydrates you & that is an issue if you can't get enough water in. 

I was told it was ok as long as you get your liquids in.  But check with your doctor..

I was told by my NUT that it was fine to reintroduce caffeine (including coffee and tea) back into your diet 2-3 months after surgery, as long as you are drinking lots of non-caffeinated liquids (and thus not at any risk for dehydration).  Of course, while you are losing weight you should not be putting any cream or sugar into your coffee.

If you're looking for something that tastes like coffee you can try Postum (which you can find on line).  It is a non caffeine drink that has a taste similar to coffee.  You really need boiling water to make it though.

I was allowed to drink regular tea and coffee once I was able to meet and maintain my non-caffeine liquid requirements.