tracyringo

erosive esophagitis

Well good luck to you and I hope it all goes well.  Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks a lot.

I'm coming out of an awful shift and all I want to do is eat something and then sleep a bit. Tomorrow I'm going in. Hopefully everything goes as planned.

On 2/24/2020 at 1:11 PM, summerset said:

Thanks a lot.

I'm coming out of an awful shift and all I want to do is eat something and then sleep a bit. Tomorrow I'm going in. Hopefully everything goes as planned.

I hope everything went well - please update us when you can. I'm thinking about you.

As everyone can see now I'm back in town. I'm feeling ok considering the type of surgery I got. My immediate recovery was not as speedy as before but I'm on the fifth post-op day today and was allowed home.

One more of these awful antibiotic things (I had elevated inflammation parameters on Friday so had to take them) and then it's PPI for 6 months again.

Major downsides: 3 weeks of liquids. No sports for 6 weeks, except some walking or light cycling. Oh well...

@summerset - it is really great news to hear that you are safely through surgery and home.
You are right that a liquids only diet for three weeks will not be fun (unless wine counts as a liquid ... :rolleyes:).

Haha, neither alcohol nor coffee (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....) for this time as well.

Yikes. Hang in there. 

Glad you are home and doing well !!   Did you have weight you want to lose this time ?  Hope you continue to do well and have a speedy recovery !

12 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Did you have weight you want to lose this time ?

No, I'm at a normal weight already since a whole while. I wouldn't mind 5 kg or so since I didn't have plastics so far (kind of glad now I was so scared that I didn't) but I won't actively pursue more weight loss.

Hope you continue to do well and have a speedy recovery !

Thanks a lot!

This time it feels harder to recovery than before. Not sure why.

On 3/4/2020 at 2:52 AM, summerset said:

No, I'm at a normal weight already since a whole while. I wouldn't mind 5 kg or so since I didn't have plastics so far (kind of glad now I was so scared that I didn't) but I won't actively pursue more weight loss.

Thanks a lot!

This time it feels harder to recovery than before. Not sure why.

How are things going for you?  What surgery did you have?

I went in to have a bravo test done and they said I had advanced to a Grade D so no test.  The barium swallow showed a slow moving esophagus and I refluxed during the test.  It feels like something sticks in my throat.  At any rate I am having the revision.  The NP sent a message telling me they will be calling to schedule it tomorrow.  I sure hope this takes care of the acid and I can heal.

Hope they can schedule the revision sooner rather than later.  

5 hours ago, tracyringo said:

How are things going for you?  What surgery did you have?

I went from a MGB to a long-limb RNY and had hiatoplastic again.

I can tolerate liquids and purees quite fine. Drinking is no problem. Next Wednesday I'm allowed solids again. Pain is only a bit at the incisions when moving in certain ways but I don't need pain killers. I have a little bit of swelling beneath the wound where the drain was placed. I guess there is a bit of seroma underneath.

12 hours ago, tracyringo said:

I went in to have a bravo test done and they said I had advanced to a Grade D so no test.  The barium swallow showed a slow moving esophagus and I refluxed during the test.  It feels like something sticks in my throat.  At any rate I am having the revision. 

I'm sorry it got worse instead of better. Having a revision takes a lot of courage. However, you're going to make it. I feel better by the day as it seems. Going for a little walk outside today with my husband and dog later.

11 hours ago, summerset said:

I went from a MGB to a long-limb RNY and had hiatoplastic again.

I can tolerate liquids and purees quite fine. Drinking is no problem. Next Wednesday I'm allowed solids again. Pain is only a bit at the incisions when moving in certain ways but I don't need pain killers. I have a little bit of swelling beneath the wound where the drain was placed. I guess there is a bit of seroma underneath.

What is a long limb RNY ?  Glad you are getting better by the day.

The Roux limb is longer than in the standard bypass. My AL and BPL are switched around because I had MGB beforehand.

Well I have been scheduled for the Bypass for April Fools Day LOL !!    I just found out today so I am nervous it is happening so quickly and during this time with the Virus.  Only one person is allowed to go with me to the hospital where they will be checking us to make sure we are not sick.  After the surgery is over the person has to leave and cannot return until I am released from hospital.  I do not have to do a liquid diet since I am still at goal weight.  I did go back up 10 lbs over the holidays then went back down and have gone back up again over the last few weeks and I am good with that since I really don't want to be losing a lot of weight with this surgery.  Hoping I can keep myself from going lower then 155.

13 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Well I have been scheduled for the Bypass for April Fools Day LOL !!

Better check and make sure they're not joking! :lol: 

Best of luck on the big day - I know you've been hoping to get this resolved, and I hope it works out really well for you. Good for you for staying in GW range.