April Martinez

Getting better with my exercises

I just want to tell you I'm getting better with my exercise in bed, and one day I will be able to exercise without being in bed, using my walker, my wheelchair, I the only thing I regret is let my weight get so high that I need help with every thing.

Great news on improving with your bed exercises April - keep up the good work.

Don't waste time or energy beating yourself up about your weight.  Read this thread:   Quotes To Live By!

Hi April,

Keep up the good work! You are on the right track. We were all in your boat at one time.....beating ourselves up for not doing this sooner! We can’t control the past but we do have a say in our future.

one thing that helped me was to make a list of non scale victories (NSVs) and cross them off as you achieve them. For example, mine were things like not needing an extension for a seat belt on a plane, not needing a plus sized top, not stressing about the distance from my car to the door of my office, not having my stomach walk into the room before me, etc.

yours can be things like exercising out of bed, standing up to grab something off the table instead of using your wheelchair....but you should also include some “minor” ones too, and add ones as they come up...things you can’t even imagine now. One day I was sitting in a meeting and started to sob because I had crossed my legs without realizing it!

one minute at a time, April. We’re here to help!

It’s the small things; working in the garden without having to sit down every 5 minutes, being able to tie my shoes without having to hold my breath, crossing my legs, wearing regular sized clothes, squeezing in between things, it’s the small things I’m most appreciative of..