Sign in to follow this  
Adventureland

What are you doing with leftover turkey?

Three days after Thanksgiving, I find myself home alone with at least a pound—maybe more—of leftover turkey breast and running short of ideas to deal with it in ways I’m willing to eat. So many ideas from the Internet involve cranberry sauce, stuffing, or other carby things I’m not willing to eat. I don’t really want to freeze it because I think the texture suffers and I’ll probably just forget about it in the freezer anyway. Looking for ideas. 

Soup!  I love adding veggies and broth to diced leftover turkey, so yummy.  Also love using it in lettuce wraps.  I used it in a PF Changs copycat lettuce wrap recipe from Pinterest and used it diced in place of the ground chicken. There are several variations of the recipe out there so be sure and watch the ingredients for too much hidden sugars.  (Google low carb version) So good!  Those are my 2 favs although you can really use it wherever you would use chicken.  So a turkey salad with grapes is another one I do.  I eat it either on a thin bun or on crackers, sometimes just plain depending on where I'm at with carbs for the day.

Avocado Turkey BLT wrap!  Use either a large lettuce leaf as the wrap, a flat out flatbread, or a low-carb tortilla. Sliced turkey, avocado, lettuce and tomato with a little mayo and it's super delish!  :wub: