ShelleyVSG

Hi! Newbie here!

Welcome! Being scared is okay. Little waves of panic are to be expected. It helped me to keep remembering why I started this process in the first place. I even wrote down the 25 things I hated most about being obese. I also read alot on this forum. Very helpful. 

I can tell you I had VSG 20 months ago and have not regretted it ONE day. I am SO happy and SO healthy now. I went from sore ankles and feet every day from little activity to running 5 miles with little effort. My future is bright and I look forward to each day. 

It's major surgery, so you'd be foolish to not be afraid a little. But just breathe.... and know you are starting a lifetime of better health. We will welcome you with open arms on the loser's bench!

I'm sorry it's scary, but wow it is so amazing on the other side!  I am approaching my 5 year surgical anniversary and I have never regretted it.  In fact it changed my life in ways I never even dreamed it could.  The beginning can be rough, but oh baby is it ever worth it!!  Congratulations on the beginning of your new healthy life!

Good luck with your surgery today!  Be sure to let us know how it went.  Remember that the first few days after surgery can be a bit rough, but it will get a lot better.

We are here to support you.

How did it go? Let us know when you are up to posting. We are thinking about you and wishing you well! 

Checking in to see how you're doing Shelley.