Ridley40

It's the little things

I'm almost 2 weeks post-op, which means (as per my surgeon) that I am almost a month into a full liquid diet.  Before surgery was actually easier than now, because now I have to choke down the protein drinks, whereas before I loved them( and thus bought a TON).  Anyway, I went to the store this morning  to get some yogurt, and while there thought:  I wonder if that sugar-free cocoa I loved last year is sugar-free enough for now.  With fear and trembling, I went to check.  And friends, it was.  It IS.  I stood there in the grocery aisle and got tears in my eyes.  I also discovered a sugar-free apple cider.  As Blink-182 sang:  All the small things....make it worthwhile.

The cocoa is Caffe D'Vita sugar-free: 50 calories, 3 g fat, 0 sugar, 1 g protein.  It's also gluten free.

The spiced apple cider is under the brand Alpine:  10 calories, 0 fat, 0 protein, only trace sugars.

Let's mentally join pinkies and DO THIS!!  

Post surgery I found bone broth very helpful. Good taste, liquid, and lots of protein. You might try it as something else different. I also liked butternut squash soup. Hope this helps! 

My surgeon allowed thinned down sf pudding, thinned Greek yogurt when I came home from the hospital.  I like a packet of sf hot cocoa mixed with 3/4 cup water and fill the rest of my cup with coffee for a mocha on the weekends.  my daughter loves the sf alpine apple.  Soon you will graduate to “real” foods.  

Way to go, glad you found something that made you so happy.  Mental pinkies right there with ya

Thanks for the info on the SF spiced cider.  I live in a small town and the grocery store has only 2 diet fruit drink options.  If they don't carry this I can get it off Amazon and spiced cider is so good this time of year.