Jade1995

5 days till surgery and I can’t stick to the diet

Sorry to hear you are struggling.  The pre op diet was the hardest part for me.  You have to stick with it though.  Where I had my surgery if you didn't shrink your liver, you didn't get the surgery and that means sticking to the liquid diet.   It does get easier in my opinion after surgery.  Good luck to you !

Welcome to Thinner Times Jade!

Tracy is right, you have to knuckle down and get back on your pre-op diet because as she rightly states, if your liver is too large, they can't lift it safely, it could be damaged during surgery and that's a risk they won't take.

It's not too late - get back on your pre-op diet and stick to it.  You can do this.

I agree with the others. I remember the pre-op diet being the hardest part by far. It's very important for your health to get that liver smaller before surgery. Just remember, you will never be this hungry again! Kind of like in Gone with the Wind. But your small pouch will be satisfied with so much less. Hang in there and do this right! We are here for you!