ktallon

Quick update

Hi my thinner times family just dropping in to give a quick update. Unfortunately to start off with the not so good news. Still not doing well, i have currently been on a month long stretch of not being able to keep anything including liquids down. But on the brighter side tomorrow is finally my appointment at Cleveland clinic. I am hoping they have alternatives other than removing the rest of my stomach. Also hoping this doesn't affect my 30th birthday trip in 11 days because i am super excited. Some much needed r and r in the mountains (and of course some hiking me and my partner will be able to do thanks to our surgeries). Hope all is well and i will let you know how my appointment goes tomorrow.

Here's hoping you get some answers and some long overdue resolution to your ongoing issues.  You have certainly had more than your share of trouble!  Keep us posted!

On 9/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, ktallon said:

But on the brighter side tomorrow is finally my appointment at Cleveland clinic.

Good luck on the appointment! I hope the Cleveland clinic can provide a good solution for your problems. 

So my appointment did not go as planned, the new dr has decided that a completion gastrectomy is the best route to go due to my history of complications. Also disappointed because they can't do the surgery laparoscopically. Will have a 2 to 3 week hospital stay after. Have to go have a feed tube placed because my levels are low again. Still going to go on my trip next weekend and try to enjoy myself the best i can.

Thank you for the update. I am very sorry that there is no simple solution to your continuing problems. You remain in all of our best thoughts and prayers. 

I'm still holding you in my thoughts and prayers ktallon.  In the meantime, have a good trip.  

Have a good trip. We are with you. 

Oh, @ktallon...I’m so so sorry to hear this latest news! I’m praying for the best possible outcome for you, my friend ❤️ 

Please keep us updated on your progress!

I hope this newest development will resolve your ongoing issues. My thoughts are with you, and I'm sending positive vibes across the airways.