Sign in to follow this  
Nana Trish

PapaDavid is in surgery!

They took @PapaDavid in to the OR at 7:35am, and started his surgery at 7:57am :) I will keep everyone posted on his progress once he is in recovery then in his room. Any and all prayers are welcomed and greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance! ❤️

Thinking of you and David this morning Trish.

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

Thinking of you and David this morning Trish.

Thank you, @cinwa! Surgeon called me at 9:15am and said David was already in recovery and he did well! I still haven’t gotten to see him yet, but they just told me at 10:30 he was ready to go to the floor, we are just waiting for a room :) I can’t wait to see him! I’ll update later after I get to talk to him 

Still in recovery, but only because we are waiting for an available room. PapaDavid is doing well, he has already gone for one walk and drank 1.5 ounces of water :) 

44 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Still in recovery, but only because we are waiting for an available room. PapaDavid is doing well, he has already gone for one walk and drank 1.5 ounces of water :)

That's excellent news Trish.

When you get to see him, give him a gentle hug from all of us.

@cinwa

They let me stay with him in recovery because they had no idea how long it would be until we got a room. We finally got one around 2:30pm, so about 45 minutes ago. He got to change into his pj pants and T-shirt, so that helped of course, lol. He’s sound asleep now. He’s been drinking 4 ounces of water an hour and has had 2 walks. Pain is minimal, and no nausea! I’m really impressed with how well he’s doing, considering this was his first major surgery! His biggest complaint is being tired :) 

When he wakes up, I will be sure to give him a gentle hug from you all! Thank you! 

❤️❤️❤️

The gas pains have set in...poor guy! They gave him Mylecon (?) and Tylenol. Our surgeon does not prescribe narcotics, so I hope between the walking and those two meds, if helps. He’s drinking well and walking a lot, and is sound asleep again at the moment :) 

Glad to hear it went well. 

Positive stories like this are also good for those of us who's operation is still in the future :) 

So glad things are going well! I'm so excited for his future! Tell him to enjoy the ride! :) 

How exciting to be able to share this with your spouse/best friend/love!  Best wishes for amazing results and a speedy recovery @PapaDavid!

Swill he go home tomorrow?  Hope all is well today!

15 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

Swill he go home tomorrow?  Hope all is well today!

He came home last night around 6pm, @Cheesehead :) Sorry I got behind on the updates, it was a long couple of days, lol. He is doing really well with his fluids, gas pains are better, and he had his 1oz protein shake for breakfast this morning, lol!

18 hours ago, TammyP said:

How exciting to be able to share this with your spouse/best friend/love!  Best wishes for amazing results and a speedy recovery @PapaDavid!

It’s definitely a unique experience to be able to share THIS part of our lives...something I never imagined would be happening, but at least he has someone right here that has already been through it all :) So I hope I can help him a lot, because I want to see him succeed ❤️ And spend a good, long life together!

On 9/26/2019 at 9:05 AM, Cindy Lou Who said:

So glad things are going well! I'm so excited for his future! Tell him to enjoy the ride! :) 

I’m excited for his future too, @Cindy Lou Who :) Things are going very well so far ❤️