algebrapro34

Hello I'm new here

Hello everyone,

I've been meaning to join this site for AGES but finally got around to doing it today so I thought I'd introduce myself.  Hmm...where to begin...well I'm 34(as my username would suggest) and have been happily married for 5 years now to my beautiful wife.  She has 6 kids ages 21-12 so marrying her changed my life pretty much overnight but I wouldn't trade being a stepfather for anything.  They are the reason that I've decided to get a gastric sleeve, I'm just waiting for insurance to sign off and then I'll get my surgery date.   I have a number in mind(225) but I'm not sure it's reachable with the sleeve.  I've struggled with my weight my entire life and after a rather frank discussion with my doctor, I decided to change my lifestyle.  I am 451.7 pounds right now but I topped out at 509 in April of 2018.  It feels amazing to have lost 58 pounds and I can't wait to get to my goal weight somewhere in the 200's.

Anyway, I've rambled enough so that's all for now.

Welcome!  We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey.  :)

Can you share with us why you have chosen the gastric sleeve over the gastric bypass? 

Welcome to The Thinner Times!  I cannot wait to hear how WLS will also change your life in a powerful way!  Looking forward to your updates!  Feel free to ask any questions.  There is a ton of wisdom on this site :)

Congrats on your upcoming surgery and welcome to TT !!

Welcome, @algebrapro34, and best of luck as you move through the steps that will get you to surgery day. You've got many great reasons for living your healthiest life, and I think WLS will get you there :)