I'm kinda having regrets about getting the gastric bypass surgery.  I've been in hospital for the last week and a half and I'm only 4 weeks out. I'm lightheaded and very dizzy. My heart rate has fallen very low. The only thing that taste well is Graham crackers.  Is that bad will they expand like pancakes and toast?

I am sorry that you are having such a rough time. What is the problem that resulted in you being in the hospital?  

At this point you should be focused on drinking enough liquids and eating enough protein. Sadly, graham crackers are not a wise meal choice since they are low in protein.  

Hang in there - it will get better and life at your goal weight is much healthier and more enjoyable. We are here to support you. 

On 9/2/2019 at 6:11 AM, Cgrismer said:

I'm kinda having regrets about getting the gastric bypass surgery.  I've been in hospital for the last week and a half and I'm only 4 weeks out. I'm lightheaded and very dizzy. My heart rate has fallen very low. The only thing that taste well is Graham crackers.  Is that bad will they expand like pancakes and toast?

@Cgrismer

Why have you been in hospital? About 5% of people have to revisit hospital after surgery, but for most people it is for temporary issues, not long-term ones. Hope you are okay!

So, it turns out that after surgery, our hearts get a break... they are used to pushing out a lot of blood to feed our heavier selves. My heart rate before surgery was in the 65-75 range. 6 months later, it was 38! and no I was not lightheaded or dizzy then, my heart just had to beat less frequently to do its job. (I did a quick internet search then, turns out about 20% of people have a low heart rate after surgery - but it's not unhealthy). Now, not quite 2 1/2 years later, my heart rate runs 55-60. 

Try some beef jerky ... I buy a brand without added sugar. Only 60 calories an ounce, and almost all protein. Delicious, and if you chew it up well, it fits in even with early stage diets.  How about Greek yogurt with a non-sugar sweetener? Or soft-cooked eggs?