Dunndeal

5 Year Surgiversary

My 5 year surgiversary came and went earlier this week but today is the first day I’ve worn real clothes and done my hair since having a hysterectomy on 8/15 so here’s my annual update. I share this each year in the hopes it encourages others wherever they may be in this journey.  If you’re not having surgery due to fear of regain or what all you won’t be able to eat after surgery- please don’t let that deter you. My goal weight is 150lbs and I’m currently about 5lbs over that. I’m blaming it on surgery swelling but have tightened down the diet until I’m back to 150lbs. I manage my weight through portion control and if the scales go over 150lbs, I go back to clean, low carb eating. I don’t eat dense meat so I still have 1-2 protein shakes a day, fruit and yogurt (with chia seeds and nuts for added protein) almost everyday for lunch and a lot of beans, cheese and eggs. I dump so I eat very few sweets but sometimes, I go for it, suffer the consequences, swear I’m never doing it again because dumping is miserable and then a few weeks later, there I am again.  Health wise, I’m very healthy but do get iron infusions 1-2 times a year. They’re no big deal. Regardless of these post-surgery things, I would do it again and anytime I’m asked by someone if they should do it, I tell them “yes without a doubt, do it”.  It’s still, 5 years later, one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself.7E4CC920-3BBE-4AFA-BD56-621A034CB498.thumb.jpeg.62b1dbf82f2af4e8af46b9ce375c8397.jpeg

Hope everyone is doing well!

Congratulations Dunndeal and congratulations on your 5th surgiversary!

Got to tell you - my DH was walking behind me as I was looking at your photo.  His exact words: "She's gorgeous". 

6 hours ago, cinwa said:

Congratulations Dunndeal and congratulations on your 5th surgiversary!

Got to tell you - my DH was walking behind me as I was looking at your photo.  His exact words: "She's gorgeous". 

Thank you Cinwa!

Happy belated surgiversary, @Dunndeal! You look amazing! 

Best of luck with the recovery from your hysterectomy...I’ve been there, and it’s no fun ❤️ 

Keep up the amazing work! 5 years and doing so well...impressive!!

Congrats! You look amazing and it sounds like you have a great system worked out for yourself as well as a very healthy attitude! :) Thanks for posting - your 5 years are an inspiration.

You look amazing!  You are truly a success!  

Congratulation on your five years of success!!  You look great. 

Congrats, you look great

@Dunndeal - how are you doing?  I haven't seen any posts from you in a while.

Your long term weight loss success is an inspiration to us all.

1 hour ago, Res Ipsa said:
1 hour ago, Res Ipsa said:

@Dunndeal - how are you doing?  I haven't seen any posts from you in a while.

Your long term weight loss success is an inspiration to us all.

Hi Res Ipsa,

Thanks for the note and kind words. I lurk around the forum every now and then to see how folks are doing but don’t post much. I’m doing well- hope you are. I’m still holding pretty close to my goal weight of 150. I put on about 5lbs over the holidays so am now hard at work to get back to goal.