tracyringo

Struggling

So I made it down to 164.8 and stayed in 160s for about 2 months then about 2 weeks ago I started going back up and I sitting on 174 !!  I have been in a funk over it and I am agitated.  I was afraid of before I started losing again that pushing my body for that weight might bite me in the @*# and ruin my mood and joy.  I keep telling myself that the weight I am at is a weight I was happy with for a year, so what is my problem.  At any rate I just needed to vent instead of ignore and do some more damage.  Also I have noticed that about 3 weeks ago I had more relaxing of the pouch which hasn't helped matters.  I am back to weighing and measuring because eyeballing things and eating passed full is my culprit and I know this.  The struggle is alive and well, sigh :eek:

Hope the rest of you are doing well.

I am guessing most of it must have been water because I weighing in at 169.  I am happy but perplexed, how do you gain 10 lbs in a week and lose 5 in 2 days ?:confused:

Sounds like water to me!  Hang in there tracy!  It's frustrating that this is a life-long change sometimes, but you look great and you are worth it!

Tracy, it sounds like you know what is going on, which is great: you're going back to being vigilant, you're trying not to get too upset over what is probably some water weight, you're trying to let your body find its happy place, and you're trying to be thankful for your success so far. It's hard! But you're doing it :) 

@TammyP @Jen581791 Thank you.  Was worried being at the 2 year mark and regain,  considering we have all been warned.  I am holding steady now under 170, which I am fine with.

Are you using a body composition scale?  I have one to help maintain my sanity because when my weight fluctuates, it gives me a good idea how is much water, muscle and fat.  I am currently fluctuating between 169 and 176.  I try not to sweat it too much, as I just get a little more mindful when things go in the wrong the direction.  Hang in there!

Rob

5 hours ago, Rob_VSG said:

Are you using a body composition scale?  I have one to help maintain my sanity because when my weight fluctuates, it gives me a good idea how is much water, muscle and fat.  I am currently fluctuating between 169 and 176.  I try not to sweat it too much, as I just get a little more mindful when things go in the wrong the direction.  Hang in there!

Rob

No I don't have that kind of scale.  How can a scale that you stand on know the difference ?  

On 8/31/2019 at 1:33 PM, tracyringo said:

I am guessing most of it must have been water because I weighing in at 169.  I am happy but perplexed, how do you gain 10 lbs in a week and lose 5 in 2 days ?:confused:

Dastardly weight loss gremlins at work again. 

11 hours ago, tracyringo said:

No I don't have that kind of scale.  How can a scale that you stand on know the difference ?  

bioimpedence

The scale sends a little current through you. Your particular mix of bone, water, and fat provides resistance to the current. The device then tells you what the predicted mix of constituents is that leads to that much resistance for someone of your weight. It's not very accurate BUT you can track relative changes in your composition with it. BIA is particularly inaccurate for obese people or very fit people. 

DEXA (sometimes called DXA) scanning is much more accurate. The study done to measure bone density can also measure your fat-free and fat compartments. 

2 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

bioimpedence

The scale sends a little current through you. Your particular mix of bone, water, and fat provides resistance to the current. The device then tells you what the predicted mix of constituents is that leads to that much resistance for someone of your weight. It's not very accurate BUT you can track relative changes in your composition with it. BIA is particularly inaccurate for obese people or very fit people. 

DEXA (sometimes called DXA) scanning is much more accurate. The study done to measure bone density can also measure your fat-free and fat compartments. 

Yes, they are often referred to as a bio-impedance scale.  I wish I knew how I could order a DEXA scan for myself.  One of these days...

ok, right after I typed that I did a search and found a place that will do a DEXA scan for $150!   That is now on my list.

https://dexascan.com/locations

Edited by Rob_VSG

2 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

bioimpedence

I had a bone density scan a few months ago, all was fine. Thank goodness

My surgeon ordered a bone density scan 2 years ago.  Even at my age all was good.  Didn’t know it could also give other info!  Next time I will ask!

I will add here; I am diligent about taking my required calcium and vitamins!  I believe they are very important!  When you sign on for wls, you sign on for whatever supplements they tell you to take-for life-even if you gain back the weight!  Off my soapbox for now...

Edited by Cheesehead