Songlark

looking for other Australians

Hi,

I love meeting, talking to and learning from people everywhere, but there’s some things that it helps having others in your own country around for. especially for things like being able to share product names that are actually available in Australia (postage for overseas stuff is nightmarish!) or the same measuring system etc. plus a lot more

It looks like it’s been quiet in this forum for awhile ... hoping to find other active members though to share the journey with

@Aussie Bear is from Australia and her postings may be helpful for you. 

On 8/13/2019 at 5:54 AM, Songlark said:

Hi,

I love meeting, talking to and learning from people everywhere, but there’s some things that it helps having others in your own country around for. especially for things like being able to share product names that are actually available in Australia (postage for overseas stuff is nightmarish!) or the same measuring system etc. plus a lot more

It looks like it’s been quiet in this forum for awhile ... hoping to find other active members though to share the journey with

I'm from Australia @Songlark. This forum is an amazing support network,  even though I haven't been around for awhile, but I totally get the frustration of recommendations for foods etc that aren't available in Australia.  If there's anything specific I can help you with, please just ask. You can private message me if you like, although it might be helpful to others to see questions about products in open threads.

Hi, 

Just registered today also looking for Australian topics and stories. I live in W.A I am deciding on just having hernia operation or combining it with gastric bypass would welcome any thoughts or matching stories 

Kind regards 

8 hours ago, Priscilla Waddell said:

Hi, 

Just registered today also looking for Australian topics and stories. I live in W.A I am deciding on just having hernia operation or combining it with gastric bypass would welcome any thoughts or matching stories 

Kind regards 

Welcome to Thinner Times Pricilla!

A hernia was my entrance into the world of bariatric surgery.  It was the surgeon who suggested I go on the bariatric programme because unless I loss weight and kept it off, the chances of long term success with hernia repairs was low.

Hey so I am from Melbourne Vic how are you going ? 

Hi, I’m from Melbourne too, and had RNY surgery 4 days ago which included hiatus hernia repair. Although I don’t know much yet I’m happy to answer any questions about my experience so far. 

6 hours ago, Corrina said:

Hi, I’m from Melbourne too, and had RNY surgery 4 days ago which included hiatus hernia repair. Although I don’t know much yet I’m happy to answer any questions about my experience so far. 

My entrance to bariatric surgery was because of a hernia that needed repair too.  My surgeon suggested doing a RNY at the same time because unless I lost weight (and kept it off), any repair was unlikely to be successful for too long.  That was back in September of 2007 and here I am, still sticking with the programme and holding fast between 118 and 220lb.