Songlark

Choosing life

Hi everyone,

For so many years I always thought i’d never have weight loss surgery, and now here I am about to have the gastric sleeve done in mid-September. I’m a mix of excited and terrified about the whole thing, but need to do this and choose life instead of the slow death i’ve been moving towards for so long. I’m choosing life because I’m worth it! (something that’s very hard to believe still but i’m working on it)

looking forward to getting to know others here. i’m trying to learn as much as possible pre-surgery to be as prepared as i can, although i know living it is going to be much tougher. I’m in my mid-40s, and in Australia and pleased to see there’s a few others of us on here :)  

Im very short of in person support, so very thankful for whatever i find online! 

Welcome songlark! 

I am exactly 1 week post sleeve gastrectomy. Healing well. Feeling good. I'm too based in Australia. If you need anything don't hesitate. I'm 34 based in northern NSW. I too had apprehension and excitement. I think that is completely normal. But as you say, you're choosing life and in the end that is what is most important. Congratulations and again a huge welcome x

@Songlark - we are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey. :)