KishaG

One week to go.

Hi everyone. My name is Kisha and I am having surgery a week from tomorrow. I couldn't believe how fast the process was for me.  It was suggested by my GI in Dec. My Dr send in my referral end of Jan. And by early March I was already setting up my four weight appts.

I am so happy to find this message board.  Now a question. I just sprained my ankle, like bad not sure how well it's going to be by the 19th. I know I have to walk. Please tell me honestly how bad did you hurt while walking? I want to prepare myself for 2 different types of pain.

Thank you,

Kisha

Sorry you hurt your ankle.  Walking after surgery was not that bad for me.  What was bad was lying in a bed and trying to get comfy but it is different for everyone.

Welcomoe to TT and Good Luck

Hi Kisha!

Sorry to hear that your ankle is injured. We have the same surgery date so I wanted to say hello. Eight days out and can't wait!

From what I have learned from others who have been through the surgery, the laproscopic surgery makes walking easier. I hear we will be sore (obviously :) ) but once we get up and moving should actually start to feel better. Just take it slow and use support for your ankle. I imagine that will make it much easier.

When you are post op, check back in. We can trade stories! :)

Best of luck with your surgery and both your post op and ankle recovery!

I'm guessing at that point, my best friend will be the wall lol. I'm a little scared because I can't walk distances (that I can't reach out my hand for support) without my crutches. I'm a little nervous of what my dr will say at pre-op. I can say..walk around the ward using the wall to help me so hope that is good enough for him.

Edited by KishaG