Two years ago today I had my surgery and at the time I could not imagine being where I am today.  I am very happy with the choice that I made.  I feel better and I go out in public without being stared at or whispered about by strangers who don't know what its like to have weight issues.  I am confident and no longer hide in the shadows and I don't mind my picture being taken.  This is not to say that I don't have daily life problems, its just that the big one is gone.  I weigh in daily to hold myself accountable and will keep doing so the rest of my life which is a small price to pay to stay the size that I am.  I do have some anxiety when I see others this far our regaining and wonder how it could of happened but am hopeful that if I keep doing what I am doing I will be just fine.  My reflux is still there but is managed by meds and much better then it was after surgery.   I was hoping to lose a little more weight this past month but was out of town for most of it, the good news is is that I only gained 2 lbs which I am working on getting off since I just got back Wednesday.  I would like to get my BMI to a 25 after reading that it would be better for getting rid of the reflux and only time will tell.

I am a very happy camper and wish all of you well and hope that everyone going through the process have the results that they dream of:D

Congratz Tracy!  You are a true success story and you look fantastic!  I, too, worry about regain but I am glad we have each other to be accountable to.  Have a blessed surgiversary <3

1 hour ago, TammyP said:

Congratz Tracy!  You are a true success story and you look fantastic!  I, too, worry about regain but I am glad we have each other to be accountable to.  Have a blessed surgiversary <3

Thank you Tammy !!  It is nice to be able to come in here and not be the only one.  From what I have read the 2-3 year mark is where we must be extra careful and some say 5 year. All I know for sure is that I can never let my guard down.

Rock on @tracyringo !!  I too worry about the possibility of regain.  I'd like to think I learned a lot and have all the tools I need to reverse it should it happen, but I guess I won't really know until it happens.  Happy surgiversary!  Just keep focused on all the positive changes and how much impact they have had on your life, you will have strong motivation to avoid regain.  Make many stops a long the way to enjoy your successes!

Rob

Thanks Rob !!  I would like to think that daily weighing will keep me in check.

Congrats, @tracyringo! I missed your surgiversary while I was out of town, but I hope you did something nice to celebrate :) You're doing so well. You're a shining example to those who come after you, and a source of inspiration for the rest of us! :wub:

@Jen581791 Thank you so much, hope all is going well for you .

Just now, tracyringo said:

@Jen581791 Thank you so much, hope all is going well for you .

Thanks, it is! I've just gotten back from vacation to America and I have been totally away from TTF the whole time. It's high time to dig back in and do an update :D 

You’ve come a long way baby!  You’ve done great!  Keep on keeping on...

Thank you @Cheesehead.  I look back at older posts when I wondered if I would ever get here, so glad I had the support I had here and stayed the course.  This past year was not as stressful on me as that first one !