Ro ro and Ollies mom

whining my way through the pre op diet...

Good morning,

I started the pre-op diet last Wednesday.  Man, this is no joke!  I'm not sure how I'm going to make it to the 13th???  I can have one lean clean protein meal a day until a week before surgery.  Other than that just protein drinks and bars.  I've also been drinking broth for a break from the protein drinks.  

And just to make life interesting we are closing on our new home two weeks after I get back from Tijuana.  We did some packing this weekend.  It's hard because we are not closing till the 29th but, I'm leaving for MX on the 12th and won't be able to lift anything when I get back.  We are hiring movers for the furniture.  My mom is coming and will be a big help.  

I can't believe surgery is a week from tomorrow. 

Hang in there - even without everything else going on with the move etc., the best bit of advice I can off is to remember that you just have to get through this one day at a time.

Keeping busy will help..  keep your eye on the prize!

I think my body is adjusting to not getting as many calories as usual.  I don’t have nagging hunger pains.  It’s more like I get light headed or a bit spacey and can’t concentrate, then I know it’s time to have some more protein.  I leave for Tijuana tomorrow morning and surgery is on Tuesday.  

Good luck!  Hope you have a speedy recovery!

I made it to the other side!  I’m on the bench!  Woo Hoo!  Overall I feel pretty good.  I had some dry heaves and it was hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in last night but, considering that I just had surgery I’m doing alright!  I fly back to Florida tomorrow.  I’m a little nervous about the long flight.

12 hours ago, Ro ro and Ollies mom said:

I made it to the other side!  I’m on the bench!  Woo Hoo!  Overall I feel pretty good.  I had some dry heaves and it was hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in last night but, considering that I just had surgery I’m doing alright!  I fly back to Florida tomorrow.  I’m a little nervous about the long flight.

Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench!

@Ro ro and Ollies mom Congrats and welcome to the bench!! Keep us updated. The first few days/weeks are definitely a bit tricky, as you're healing from surgery and learning how to deal with your new anatomy, but it will get easier. Take good care of your new sleeve :D 

Hope you are recovering!  How was your flight?