Peachysmilz

Surgery in D minus 2 days

Hi everyone,

The time is coming. Surgery is in 2 days. Any pointers on what to pack for hospital? Also, when did you start taking your vitamins? I'm expected to stay for 3 to 5 days. 

I'm excited and nervous....

You'll do fine.  You'll need loose clothes to come home because of swelling.  First suggestion, do NOT weigh until you go in for your follow up appointment (about 2 weeks post op) because due to the surgery there will be residual swelling.  Personally, I would wait one week before taking vitamins and only take one at time at least one hour apart all day long.  You also want to walk, a lot.  While in the hospital whenever I woke up I went for a walk.  When you get home - walk.  Walking is one of the easiest way to improve circulation and help get ride of swelling as well as improving muscle tone and endurance.

Bring slippers, loose fitting clothes to go home in, a power cord for your iPhone/iPad/computer,  and a sense of humor. Also bring the realization that you are beginning a journey that will (if you follow the post op diet plan) result in you becoming much lighter, healthier and active. 

We are here to support you. 

Chap stick!  My lips were so dry.  I took a robe because I didn’t want my butt hanging out.  I also took a book.  Unlike most, I didn’t sleep while I was there.  Try to get as much liquid in as they will allow.  You will probably gain weight while in the hospital with water weight.  I gained 7 pounds.  I also didn’t want to have the scale rule my life so I weighed every other Saturday.  I never noticed stalls.

i also suggest you take a tape measure and measure everything.  Neck, upper arm, chest waist, hips, thighs, calves wrist..if you get discouraged look at inches lost.  Often if you are in a stall you will still be losing inches.  Stalls are your bodies way of catching up..

good luck!,

58 minutes ago, Peachysmilz said:

Thank you. I head in tomorrow morning. I'm based in Australia. Feeling nervous now!! See you on the flip side x

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Peachy .... have a safe trip to the losers bench.