Kmartz19

Need a buddy in CT!

Hi everyone! I am brand new to this site, so glad I found it! I am 10 years post op gastric bypass RNY, a so-called WLS veteran. I have had a tough journey and while I haven't regained a lot of weight, I haven't lost any either. 

I live in tiny CT, and have found it hard to connect with other post gastric bypass patients. I would love to connect with someone who is in the same situation as I am or has had more success as well. 

Thank you in advance and I appreciate all replies,

Kristen

Welcome to Thinner Times Kristen.

The only WLS person I know who lives relatively close to me had the band which proved to be a total disaster so like you, I don't have any local WLS buddies.  This forum has been lifeline - I joined just before my WLS back in 2007 (I had my RNY in September of that year).

I have found the other members of TTF, who come from all over the world, to be a wonderful virtual support group for me since my surgery; we all share weight loss surgery victories and losses, along with other important events in our lives.