robin0418

One month

My one month weigh in is down 20 pounds I am doing great getting more active and loving life 

20lb down in a month is outstanding Robin!

Congrats! How are you doing on food stages and tolerances and whatnot? OK I hope :) 

Great news!  Just keep on doing what you are doing, and watch your excess weight disappear. :)

I can't eat eggs!!!!  Makes me I'll for hours.  Protein shakes rough, putting protein in fruit smoothies works great .  just 20 pounds and I'm feeling so much better I can't believe it 

1 hour ago, robin0418 said:

I can't eat eggs!!!!  Makes me I'll for hours.  Protein shakes rough, putting protein in fruit smoothies works great .  just 20 pounds and I'm feeling so much better I can't believe it 

I haven't been able to eat eggs since my surgery - no matter how they're prepared.  They just stick like a brick at the bottom of my throat.  

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

I haven't been able to eat eggs since my surgery - no matter how they're prepared.  They just stick like a brick at the bottom of my throat.  

In contrast, I have had no problems eating (and enjoying) eggs.  It just goes to show that everyone's weight loss surgery journey is different when it come to foods and liquids that are tolerated after the surgery.

2 hours ago, robin0418 said:

Excellent Robin, excellent! Just do whatever works, so if putting protein into fruit smoothies works, do it!

(I learned how to make soft-boiled eggs in an Instant Pot recently - had I known this when I had my surgery in 2017, I think I would have been able to eat them much sooner. For what it is worth, I cook 2 eggs with pressure for 4 minutes and then let them sit in the heated Instant Pot for another 4 minutes. Reliably soft-cooked. If I forget to take them out -> hard boiled. May still be too soon for you. thankfully, I can eat eggs now, unlike @cinwa). 

@robin0418

Do consider, if one can discretely accomplish this suggestion, doing something sensory, something that tickles your senses. Many of the most powerful memories we have are those of powerful emotion or sensation: so, I suppose, in some form, am suggesting a Rite of Spring-like dance in the woods while it is raining  :rolleyes: . While of course doing so on the same lunar cycle point, like Full Moon or something (that might be my interpretation, but not yours). 

Many of us, and perhaps you as well, have experienced limitation or discomfort or fat bias. For me this included physical limitations. For me the physical limitations led to less enjoyment of the physical world. So less sensory enjoyment of the physical world. So, at the end of the day, losing weight meant more quality time with the physical world. 

Quality time with "Mother Gaia" might be as simple as spending time every day walking in your neighborhood, learning how the shrubs grow through the seasons and respond to challenges like cold, drought or heat; planting the bulbs you treasured as a child but have not yet re-grown;  a walk by a canal or river; all of these enhance not only your exercise quotient, but also your social support, which is so critical to long-term success.  Every time you go around the block and say hello to someone, you build non-judgmental relationships that engender confidence.

(Yes this means I like to garden).