I am weighing in at 166.8 this morning.  I have lost 5 lbs this month and I am very pleased !! :D

I halved my dose of my PPI about 2 months ago and had been having issues with heartburn this past week day and night.  I am happy to report that adding the generic zantac seems to have taken care of the daily heartburn !!   I was eating those tums like candy.  Thanks again for the info @msmarymac.

That's outstanding Tracy - both on getting below your goal of 167 lb and finding something that works for your heartburn.

Hey, good for you! 23 months post op and still losing! :) 

Glad you found a good option to control the acid. That sounds not fun.

Thanks @cinwa @Jen581791 The acid part stinks but I don't mind so much since the meds work.  I have been reading that being overweight can make GERD worse and hoping if I can lose a little more I will be able to get of the meds, only time will tell .    Losing weight wont be the hard part at this point for me, it will be maintaining .  Hoping I can reset at a lower weight but nothing crazy with my size frame.

6 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Thanks @cinwa @Jen581791 The acid part stinks but I don't mind so much since the meds work.  I have been reading that being overweight can make GERD worse and hoping if I can lose a little more I will be able to get of the meds, only time will tell .    Losing weight wont be the hard part at this point for me, it will be maintaining .  Hoping I can reset at a lower weight but nothing crazy with my size frame.

The last few months my focus has been on keeping a healthy eating style (whole foods, low carb + IF) and not gaining weight.  Seems I'm still losing a pound or two a month.  I'm wondering if our bodies can just "figure out" a weight to stay at.

10 hours ago, Rob_VSG said:

The last few months my focus has been on keeping a healthy eating style (whole foods, low carb + IF) and not gaining weight.  Seems I'm still losing a pound or two a month.  I'm wondering if our bodies can just "figure out" a weight to stay at.

I think they stop at weights they were at before, I stayed in the 170s for about 9 months and didn't have much problem.  The 160s were my high school weight.  I know for me if I stay at a weight for awhile it is easier for me to lose later, like now. I just have to keep it here for awhile for my body to adjust.  Kinda weird but that is how it goes for me.

Congrats being so far under goal, how does it feel?

12 hours ago, tracyringo said:

I think they stop at weights they were at before, I stayed in the 170s for about 9 months and didn't have much problem.  The 160s were my high school weight.  I know for me if I stay at a weight for awhile it is easier for me to lose later, like now. I just have to keep it here for awhile for my body to adjust.  Kinda weird but that is how it goes for me.

Congrats being so far under goal, how does it feel?

Yes, it's interesting to watch, now getting to the lower end of the of the 170's, I haven't been here since grade school!  It had felt like 176 is where I would stay but now it's drifted down some and is possible I will be into the 160's before year end.

My goal weight was set by my surgeon and set according to some math based on average percentage weight loss for VSG patients.  I had planned to blow past it from the beginning and that's why I put so much research time into diet and nutrition (and insulin control).  Even with that plan, I figured some where around 190 would be a realistic point where weight loss would likely stop.  I weighed in at 172.0 this morning which means I'm already 18 pounds below the more aggressive target I had set for myself.  I feel really awesome (maybe even giddy) and am tracking percentage body fat and muscle to make sure I don't go too far.  That way if anyone I know suggests perhaps I am losing too much weight, I have data to refute the claim and continue on with no self doubt.

IMG_1361.jpg

Edited by Rob_VSG

@Rob_VSG That is wonderful, congrats on all your progress !!

@Rob_VSG - Do take a selfie and update your photo! You are doing SOOOO well! Great job.

Tracy, good work.  Hoping you keep the heartburn at bay!  Love your avatar. 

@Rob_VSG yes pictures please!

On 7/13/2019 at 12:22 PM, Rob_VSG said:

Yes, it's interesting to watch, now getting to the lower end of the of the 170's, I haven't been here since grade school!  It had felt like 176 is where I would stay but now it's drifted down some and is possible I will be into the 160's before year end.

My goal weight was set by my surgeon and set according to some math based on average percentage weight loss for VSG patients.  I had planned to blow past it from the beginning and that's why I put so much research time into diet and nutrition (and insulin control).  Even with that plan, I figured some where around 190 would be a realistic point where weight loss would likely stop.  I weighed in at 172.0 this morning which means I'm already 18 pounds below the more aggressive target I had set for myself.  I feel really awesome (maybe even giddy) and am tracking percentage body fat and muscle to make sure I don't go too far.  That way if anyone I know suggests perhaps I am losing too much weight, I have data to refute the claim and continue on with no self doubt.

IMG_1361.jpgHow are 

I'd be interested to know how you are measuring your fat % as often as you do. So far I've only been able to do that about every six months at $150 a pop! 

On 7/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, tracyringo said:

@Rob_VSG That is wonderful, congrats on all your progress !!

On 7/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

@Rob_VSG - Do take a selfie and update your photo! You are doing SOOOO well! Great job.

Recent selfie below:

IMG_1365.jpg

LOL, joking.  Ok, that is from one of those photo apps.  I promise I will take some new pics soon!

Edited by Rob_VSG

1 hour ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

I'd be interested to know how you are measuring your fat % as often as you do. So far I've only been able to do that about every six months at $150 a pop! 

I have a home scale that measures body composition.  Every time I weigh it measures body fat and lean muscle using electrical impedance. It's probably not super accurate but it seems fairly consistent and usually isn't too far off from those big expensive machines at the doctors office.  The home body composition scales usually have 4 electrical sensors, 2 under the front of your feet and two under your heals.  My doctors office machine has 6 as it has two additional sensors for the hands.  They all use electrical impedance though.

12 hours ago, Rob_VSG said:

I have a home scale that measures body composition.  Every time I weigh it measures body fat and lean muscle using electrical impedance. It's probably not super accurate but it seems fairly consistent and usually isn't too far off from those big expensive machines at the doctors office.  The home body composition scales usually have 4 electrical sensors, 2 under the front of your feet and two under your heals.  My doctors office machine has 6 as it has two additional sensors for the hands.  They all use electrical impedance though.

@Rob_VSG does yours tell your metabolic age? Mine does and it’s not changing!! Frustrating...

On 7/20/2019 at 1:08 AM, Rob_VSG said:

Recent selfie below:

IMG_1365.jpg

LOL, joking.  Ok, that is from one of those photo apps.  I promise I will take some new pics soon!

(Whoa, I thought you had stolen my photo from my phone!!)

;)