Hello! Do you know when is it ok to sleep on the side? Tomorrow I will be one week post op, and I haven’t been able to sleep through the night yet because I sleep on my side and get restless sleeping on my back.

luckily my incisions are not very painful. I could handle it pain wise but I am not sure if I am causing some internal damage. 

I sooooo want to sleep well : )

Many thanks!!! 

It was a good while until I was able to sleep on my side - it was painful to even try.  I can't remember how long it took but I do know that someone suggested I try a body pillow to wedge between my knees so that I didn't tip onto my stomach.  That worked and to this day, I still use it.  Walmart carries them.

Thank you! I am going to look for a body pillow and give it a try. Hope you have a good day : )

I am not a doctor, but I cannot image why sleeping on your side a week after your surgery (as long as it not painful) would cause you any "internal damage."

@Res Ipsa I think you are absolutely right - that was me panicking and not thinking straight due to lack of sleep : ) 

it feels a bit uncomfortable, specially if I need to change position, but gets better each day. So i am hopeful for tonight. Thanks!