I take it right before bed.  Sometimes it does too much good, if you know what I mean.  But i prefer that end of the continuum.

Something about washing the food out of the stomach before it is properly digested can cause constipation.  

So far the Miralax is working  !!!    I am taking a capful in the mornings with coffee and am just using 1 extra strength Colace with dinner.  I am praying it continues to work so all of the problems I have will be no more !!!

On 6/28/2020 at 11:03 PM, tracyringo said:

I have horrible problems too and they are even worse now since the bypass.  This week has been a nightmare and I am tired of being in pain.

Have you found any answers ?   I take 3 extra strength Colace a day and its not touching this.  I have taken MOM and used suppositories to no avail and my anxiety was at an all time high today because I have been having issues all week, but I was scared today that I may need to go to hospital.  I tried a Fleet enema and finally got some relief.  I get impacted so easily and I have decided to put myself on soup, yogurt, and a shake for a day or two in hopes of getting this worked out.   Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.   I only did the enema because I had seen a friend of mine saying it worked for her .

Oh Tracy, I’m so so sorry you’re suffering through this. I was seeing a gastroenterologist for about a month after all of this started. This was last summer so I can’t remember exactly how long it took to get straightened around. But the doc had me doing 3 doses of Miralax and one enema a day for the first week. Week 2 was 3x miralax, and enema only if I didn’t have a bowel movement that day. I was on probiotics and did smoothies and protein shakes only, for at least a week. I literally couldn’t even drink water while I was in the hospital. My gastro says he has a patient that has to take 8 doses of miralax every day to stay somewhat regular. After things started moving, he told me to keep up on the probiotics, and the miralax. He says it’s a balancing act. Some days I’m good with 1 or 2 doses now, and some days I need 3. He says if I start having diarrhea, I need to back down a dose, etc. 

I really hope this helps. I’m sorry it took me so long to respond...I have t been online much. Love and hugs my friend ❤️

14 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Oh Tracy, I’m so so sorry you’re suffering through this. I was seeing a gastroenterologist for about a month after all of this started. This was last summer so I can’t remember exactly how long it took to get straightened around. But the doc had me doing 3 doses of Miralax and one enema a day for the first week. Week 2 was 3x miralax, and enema only if I didn’t have a bowel movement that day. I was on probiotics and did smoothies and protein shakes only, for at least a week. I literally couldn’t even drink water while I was in the hospital. My gastro says he has a patient that has to take 8 doses of miralax every day to stay somewhat regular. After things started moving, he told me to keep up on the probiotics, and the miralax. He says it’s a balancing act. Some days I’m good with 1 or 2 doses now, and some days I need 3. He says if I start having diarrhea, I need to back down a dose, etc. 

I really hope this helps. I’m sorry it took me so long to respond...I have t been online much. Love and hugs my friend ❤️

I have been doing the miralax once a day and seem to be doing fine now.  Its a damn miracle !

7 hours ago, tracyringo said:

I have been doing the miralax once a day and seem to be doing fine now.  Its a damn miracle !

Yep!

I'll be 13 years out in September and I have still use Miralax (well, a generic Polyethylene Glycol 3350 from Walmart which is the active ingredient in Miralax but it's  a whole lot cleaper - 70 cents per oz as opposed to 91 cents per oz for Miralax) .

16 hours ago, cinwa said:

Yep!

I'll be 13 years out in September and I have still use Miralax (well, a generic Polyethylene Glycol 3350 from Walmart which is the active ingredient in Miralax but it's  a whole lot cleaper - 70 cents per oz as opposed to 91 cents per oz for Miralax) .

That is the same stuff I bought also.  So thankful for it too.