Like so many of us, life has gotten so busy for me that I just don't find myself here so often anymore. :) How is everyone? I've had an emotional rollercoaster of a week, but my friend sent me a group photo we took yesterday at a paint and sip party, and I was so happy with how I looked that I thought hey: maybe time to post to TT and remind myself of how far I've come.

I also would like to say to all the newbies: you don't have to reach your goal weight to be happy and satisfied with where you are. I still think sometimes I'm going to try to lose these last 30 pounds to get to onederland, and maybe someday I will, but life is so good right now regardless. 

I *plan* to eat 1400 calories every day, which gives me room to occasionally slip up and not derail. Mini cupcakes in the kitchen? Why not? One isn't going to kill me. Especially since I go to 9Round and sweat my a-ess-ess off nearly every day. Kickboxing has made me so strong. A trainer called me one of the most fit people in the club the other day, and I about fell over. Me? Whoa. 

Happy to be on this side. Happy to be alive and healthy and all those good things. 

HW: 387ish (probably higher, but I don't have a record of that); size 26/28
CW: 228 (but like, with SO MUCH MORE muscle); mostly a 14 (sometimes a 16, not yet ever a 12; working on that)

My mom tried to tell me that my face hadn't changed that much, she thought. I laughed and sent her this succession of photos (before surgery, 6 months post-op, 18 months post-op):

IMG_2104.JPG.2af9c2e91cbf6b35b154e23dbacc6a5a.JPGIMG_0912.JPG.5630f9e6fc4e65aa9aa38a84e0f4efc8.JPGIMG_3859.thumb.jpg.408d2776dcdb8ec51eacd49f905fc9cb.jpg

Full body before:

IMG_0573.thumb.jpg.55aa4d157fc57c1da2ca068feb25dab4.jpg

And after:

IMG_3803.thumb.jpg.9a75c593762a430d780ea84af5a902b4.jpgIMG_3925.JPG.63b45288a584b835d19860905a820dba.JPG

You look amazing and your mama is wrong, BIG difference !!   Congrats

Wow, Kristin!!! You look absolutely amazing, and lovely, and Tracy is right...your momma IS wrong!! HUGE difference in your face!! 

I love this post, and I'm so happy you came here to tell us how you're doing! Kickboxing sounds wonderful :) And if it's keeping you strong, keep it up! And you're so right. You don't have to reach your goal weight to be happy and healthy! The entire point of the surgery is to get you active, healthy and feeling good! You've accomplished that, and more, from the sounds of it. I'm just so happy for you, and happy to hear from you!!

Edited by Nana Trish

@kristinwitha_k  Clearly mom needs to get her eyeglasses prescription checked! :o  You have such a pretty face by the way.  I am very impressed with the kickboxing. I wish I had that sort of tenacity.  Yall's paintings look great too! :D

Your face has a youthfulness to it!  You look happy and healthy!  Love the kitty painting!  

Thanks, everyone! :)

In my mom's defense, it's not so much that she doesn't think my face changed now that she has evidence to the contrary, it's that she had forgotten just how much it changed. I showed her the photos after she said that, and we had a good laugh. 

It's fun to feel pretty. It's fun to flirt with guys I think are cute and have them flirt back. What a crazy new world to live in. 

9 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

In my mom's defense, it's not so much that she doesn't think my face changed now that she has evidence to the contrary, it's that she had forgotten just how much it changed. I showed her the photos after she said that, and we had a good laugh. 

It's fun to feel pretty. It's fun to flirt with guys I think are cute and have them flirt back. What a crazy new world to live in. 

I can totally relate to that...my hubby will look at old pics of me and look at me now, and he will say that he does not remember me being that big. But you can damn well see it in the pictures! So they are great evidence to have! Lol :) 

It is fun to feel pretty! I haven't done any flirting, as I'm happily married, but I've actually had a couple of men try and flirt with me, lmao. Being newly thin at age 52, and to have that happen, is quite an ego boost for sure! Enjoy feeling pretty and flirting, girl...you've earned it!!

On 6/25/2019 at 11:28 AM, kristinwitha_k said:

Yes, it is fun. I remember how shocked I was a couple of years ago when I realized I was being sized up, and not very discretely, by some Persons on the Prowl. My Perfect Wife howled with laughter at me when I told her. 

Kristin, congrats! You look great (and happy). You've got some great words of wisdom for those behind you in the process about not needing to be at GW for life to be so wonderful. I think sometimes we get the idea that life starts at GW and wait for that to get here. You're obviously very fit and healthy and happy, so mission accomplished! :)