tracyringo

Bra pushes on stomach area

So I have had this issue from the beginning where my bra pushes on stomach area and when I eat it hurts.  It is very uncomfortable and normally I have to take my bra off to eat.  I have tried all different kinds of bras and it doesn't seem to matter.  Wondering if anyone else has this issue ?

Also I belch constantly after eating and there is nothing I can do about it.  So obviously with these 2 problems I don't eat out much at all !

Edited by tracyringo

I've had that same issue with pressure too. It happens less frequently as I get further out from surgery. Have you tried soft, no wire bra? I find the discomfort is worse when I'm wearing my underwire bras. 

18 hours ago, athenarose said:

..... Have you tried soft, no wire bra? I find the discomfort is worse when I'm wearing my underwire bras. 

Excellent advice!

Since my WLS, I've worn Genie Classic Bras and these when I want to have a little lace showing under shirts or scoop tops I like their Milana.

I wear the ones with wider straps - they are amazingly comfortable.  I usually buy them off eBay 

20 hours ago, athenarose said:

I've had that same issue with pressure too. It happens less frequently as I get further out from surgery. Have you tried soft, no wire bra? I find the discomfort is worse when I'm wearing my underwire bras. 

Yes I have and I agree with the underwire being worse.  I hope the father I get the easier it will be for me too.  It only happens at meal times I have noticed.  I guess this is when I eat the bulk of my food.  I have noticed it isn't as bad if I only take a few bites instead of eating the whole 4 oz of protein .

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

Excellent advice!

Since my WLS, I've worn Genie Classic Bras and these when I want to have a little lace showing under shirts or scoop tops I like their Milana.

I wear the ones with wider straps - they are amazingly comfortable.  I usually buy them off eBay 

I have some sports bras I bought at Pennys and the bottom causes the same problem.  Are these bras loose towards the bottom or tight?  My sports bras are med support.

29 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

I have some sports bras I bought at Pennys and the bottom causes the same problem.  Are these bras loose towards the bottom or tight?  My sports bras are med support.

The Genie bras are 96% nylon, 4% spandex throughout so they're stretchy.  No clasps or hooks to deal with either.