Favorite protein shake/powder?

How did you do getting in your protein requirements in your 3-week "liquid only" period post-op?

What is your favorite pre-made shake or mixable powder?  I like the Premier Protein shakes, but I would imagine the same few flavors will get old fairly quickly? 

I was on clear liquids for the first week and there's really no way to hit protein goals with that, and even when increased to full liquids the volume that you're able to do with you're swollen new surgical sleeve makes it difficult.  I used Syntrax Matrix powders mixed with milk to maximize the protein I was getting.  I also used Unjury Chicken Soup flavor protein to get a savory hot broth/soup protein thing going when I got tired of sweet.  I would recommend not stocking up great quantities of anything preop because often tastes change postop and you may hate it.  Nashua Nutrition is a site that has single serving samples you can order in varied flavors so you're not stuck with an expensive huge quantity of something.  I think I stocked up on several single serve size flavors plus an unflavored that you can add to anything and my chicken soup. 

Syntrax Nectar was (and still is) my favourite of all the protein powders and I like the shake type flavours best.

And some of the Isopure Zero Carb bottled stuff isn't bad although I have to dilute it with water (50:50) because I find them a little strong as is.  

I have a friend going through chemo who likes Clear Protein (bottles) - again diluted with water.  You can get those at walmart.

I like protein2O, although I dilute them with water even four months out because they’re too sweet for me. 

https://www.drinkprotein2o.com/find/?utm_content=346352862163&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6IfoBRCiARIsAF6q06uWAIi-DJDh_la8B77vUdzS7juuWZNW5cbzuwmnxByAcfyLkgRT53oaAvzhEALw_wcB

Edited by Boston Redhead
  • 1 year later...
On 6/12/2019 at 1:50 PM, Jenvy said:

How did you do getting in your protein requirements in your 3-week "liquid only" period post-op?

What is your favorite pre-made shake or mixable powder?  I like the Premier Protein shakes, but I would imagine the same few flavors will get old fairly quickly? 

Love the Premier Shakes on ice! Excluding the chocolate and vanilla flavor.

Just tried Fair Life chocolate and it’s pretty good.

Sol