Sign in to follow this  
irisheyez44@aol.com

Not showing weight loss

If someone can help me understand I would much appreciate!

i had RNY a week ago tomorrow.   I just stepped on the scale and I am UP.

My total intake in a day is one protein drink, split into two servings.    Four ounces of plain fat free yogurt with a scoop of peanut butter powder.

one SF pudding and one SF jello per day.    I keep my water bottle with me at all times.

i thought I would be seeing loss by now?   Ty

Post surgery weight increase is pretty common.  It's nothing more than fluid so hang in there, follow the programme, walk as much as you can and try to keep off the scales.

45 minutes ago, irisheyez44@aol.com said:

If someone can help me understand I would much appreciate!

i had RNY a week ago tomorrow.   I just stepped on the scale and I am UP.

My total intake in a day is one protein drink, split into two servings.    Four ounces of plain fat free yogurt with a scoop of peanut butter powder.

one SF pudding and one SF jello per day.    I keep my water bottle with me at all times.

i thought I would be seeing loss by now?   Ty

Irish Eyes, this is pretty common. Sometimes with surgery you get a lot of fluids, and your body has to absorb them and get rid of them, which can take some time. Are you walking a lot? That may help "mobilize" the fluids. Most people have a blip up after surgery. Keep up the diet, keep up your fluids, and move about to the extent that you can. Hope you are not too sore. 

So common and very disappointing when you haven't eaten anything at all!  But, you have been through major surgery and your body isn't sure what's going on so it is hanging on to all the fluid they pumped into you during surgery just in case it needs it to save you from something life threatening.  Any day now your body will come to understand that the assault on it is over (the surgery) and that it can let go of the reserves.  Then, you will likely see a big drop all at once, plus more than usual trips to the toilet :)

I promise you are doing OK, you are not broken. You WILL lose weight!

Your body right now is going, “wait-what the hell happened?”

As soon as it settles down, things will move in the right direction. In the meantime, stay the course!