I am 6 days post l.p., and full of emotions. I am still super sore, and just don't feel good. I don't think I like sweet things very much anymore, or should I say my stomach doesn't. Jello, sugar free popsicles are not good. I was craving red vines for some reason, but that even sounds gross. Am I alone?

First of all, welcome to the “losers bench.”  You are on your way to a lifetime of being more healthy, active and slim. :)

Taste buds can change after surgery, although many of those changes are temporary and not permanent. 

We are here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey. 

13 hours ago, AngelKissez said:

I am 6 days post l.p., and full of emotions. I am still super sore, and just don't feel good. I don't think I like sweet things very much anymore, or should I say my stomach doesn't. Jello, sugar free popsicles are not good. I was craving red vines for some reason, but that even sounds gross. Am I alone?

Protein, protein, protein, and fluids. What is ok now, at less than a week after surgery, is not predictive of what will be ok in the future. In the past I was not much of a sweets enthusiast and after surgery am even less of one. 

Protein and fluids (or protein packed fluids).  If your surgical group gave you a menu/list to follow - do so, exactly.  You need to be on liquids, then purees, then soft foods and slowly go to solids (usually 1 new solid at a time).  I couldn't do whey based protein drinks for awhile but found protein water which was a life save. You can do this.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:46 PM, AngelKissez said:

How you doing now?