Dtrain84

It's been a long while

Hey guys! It's been a while since I checked in here. So many things have happened since the last time I was here. I'll start with my progress, I finally made it to onederland. I'm holding steady between 190 to 195, my goal is 180. I was cleared by my cardiologist to start moderate exercise and weight training and the gym has been my second home. I just celebrated my 53rd birthday on Tuesday and I feel great! As for life, I lost my mother in law back in October and it was a struggle to help my cope with the loss of her mother. She's doing much better now. I also gained twin grandsons since the last time I posted here. Here's my before and current pictures of me. I'll try to check in as much as I can. Take care guys and gals,have a great day! 

20190603_162037.jpg

Welcome back and thank you for the update.  I am sorry about your family's loss, but happy to see your weight loss success.  Also, congratulations on twin grandsons! :)

It's good to see you posting Dtrain and looking fit and trim.  

I too am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother-in-law but congratulations on the birth of your twin grandsons.

Hi, @Dtrain84!  Nice to see you...  we can “see” that the gym is working for you! :) 

Sorry to hear about your MIL and how difficult that was on your wife.  

Twin grandsons, what a treat!  And to think Grandpa can keep up with them now that he is fit!

How’s the new house? (Not as new anymore, I guess) 

Happy birthday (I am only a few months behind you) and happy re-birth of you! Don’t be a stranger. :)

Happy birthday!  Mine was the day after yours:). Yay Geminis!  You’re looking great!  How are you liking the new house?

Howdy, stranger!! So lovely to see you post again!! I think about you often and wonder how you’ve been doing :) 

First off, CONGRATS on the weight loss end of things!! Phenomenal job, my friend!!  And a very, very happy birthday to you as well!! AND...twin grand babies?!? What a blessing!! ❤️

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and will send prayers for healing of body, mind and soul. 

Absolutely love the pics...you look so healthy, happy, and fit!! If you feel half as good as you look, you are doing incredibly well!! 

Please keep posting when you can, I’d love to hear how the new house is doing...and pics of the twins, maybe? Lol :) 

I'm sorry for your loss - it's hard to lose a parent or parent-in-law, I know. I hope your wife is doing OK. 

Congrats on the twins! That must be a lot of fun :) 

You look amazing - seriously, seriously amazing. Getting the go-ahead from the cardiologist must have been very exciting for you. You're certainly making the best of it! Keep up all your hard work. It's good to hear from you.

@Dtrain84!!! so glad to hear from you !!  You look ripped mate, can see you and the gym are getting along!

Congratulations and condolences. Am sure you made your MIL proud. 

Great to hear from you!

Thanks for popping in. Life sometimes finds us so busy, but check in daily for two minutes. This forum is so inspirational and helpful. Prayers to you and your family for your loss. You are doing so well. I know the feeling of the gym being your second home, but stick to it, remember it is for YOUR health!!

On 6/6/2019 at 9:13 AM, Res Ipsa said:

Welcome back and thank you for the update.  I am sorry about your family's loss, but happy to see your weight loss success.  Also, congratulations on twin grandsons! :)

Thank you 

On 6/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, cinwa said:

It's good to see you posting Dtrain and looking fit and trim.  

I too am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother-in-law but congratulations on the birth of your twin grandsons.

Thank you 

On 6/6/2019 at 9:41 PM, Cheesehead said:

Happy birthday!  Mine was the day after yours:). Yay Geminis!  You’re looking great!  How are you liking the new house?

Happy belated birthday to you! Geminis rock! I'm enjoying my new home, I can't believe it's been almost a year since I moved in. Time has moved so fast. 

On 6/6/2019 at 10:10 PM, Nana Trish said:

Howdy, stranger!! So lovely to see you post again!! I think about you often and wonder how you’ve been doing :) 

First off, CONGRATS on the weight loss end of things!! Phenomenal job, my friend!!  And a very, very happy birthday to you as well!! AND...twin grand babies?!? What a blessing!! ❤️

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and will send prayers for healing of body, mind and soul. 

Absolutely love the pics...you look so healthy, happy, and fit!! If you feel half as good as you look, you are doing incredibly well!! 

Please keep posting when you can, I’d love to hear how the new house is doing...and pics of the twins, maybe? Lol :) 

Hey Trish! You're looking right slender there! I think about you often as well. I feel great! Since I was medically cleared for weight training, I've been living in the gym. I have 4 grandsons including the twins. I will get some pics of them for you to see. I've settled in pretty well with my home. It's been almost a year since I moved in. As for my MIL, this year is a little tough because the holidays, birthday and special occasions has been without her for the first time. My wife has been handling things better as time moves along. I remember you were going to have surgery on both your knees. How are you doing with that? 

On 6/7/2019 at 2:12 AM, Jen581791 said:

I'm sorry for your loss - it's hard to lose a parent or parent-in-law, I know. I hope your wife is doing OK. 

Congrats on the twins! That must be a lot of fun :) 

You look amazing - seriously, seriously amazing. Getting the go-ahead from the cardiologist must have been very exciting for you. You're certainly making the best of it! Keep up all your hard work. It's good to hear from you.

Thank you. Once I got the okay from my cardiologist, I knew I was going to be a gym rat. I feel really great. My twin grandsons are in NYC and I only been able to get there once to visit. Even though it's not the same, I get to face time with them at least 3 times a week. 

15 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@Dtrain84!!! so glad to hear from you !!  You look ripped mate, can see you and the gym are getting along!

Congratulations and condolences. Am sure you made your MIL proud. 

Great to hear from you!

Hey BB! My wife didn't notice the fruits of my labor in the gym until she took the pic of me in the tank top. She said, where did you buy those guns from? Lol! I hope all is well with you. 

1 hour ago, Anita62 said:

Thanks for popping in. Life sometimes finds us so busy, but check in daily for two minutes. This forum is so inspirational and helpful. Prayers to you and your family for your loss. You are doing so well. I know the feeling of the gym being your second home, but stick to it, remember it is for YOUR health!!

I'm sticking with my gym routine religiously. The days I don't make it to the gym, it feels like I missed out on something. I will check in with you all on occasion.

12 hours ago, Dtrain84 said:

Hey Trish! You're looking right slender there! I think about you often as well. I feel great! Since I was medically cleared for weight training, I've been living in the gym. I have 4 grandsons including the twins. I will get some pics of them for you to see. I've settled in pretty well with my home. It's been almost a year since I moved in. As for my MIL, this year is a little tough because the holidays, birthday and special occasions has been without her for the first time. My wife has been handling things better as time moves along. I remember you were going to have surgery on both your knees. How are you doing with that? 

Yes sir, @Dtrain84, I had two total knee replacements. The first one January 30th, and the second one on April 3rd. You’re talking to a walking woman now!! No more wheel chair and no more walker!! Just a cane for balance. It’s amazing!

I’m THRILLED that you were cleared for weight training...it’s quite obvious from your pics that you are giving it 110% and loving it! You’re going to need it to keep up with 4 grandsons, lol!! Just my one 2 1/2 year old grandson keeps me on my toes! I would absolutely love to see pics of all of them when you get time :) And I’m very happy to hear that you are settled in your home...I can’t believe it’s been a year! Time really does fly! 

Again, I’m terribly sorry for your loss. The firsts after a death are the hardest...I find that is the most comforting time to remember when our loved ones were with us and the joy they brought during the holidays and special occasions. I’m happy to know that your wife is able to handle things a little better with time. Prayers and love to you both that the healing continues ❤️