Res Ipsa

Moving to Vermont

After living my entire life in Boston (except for a few years spent living abroad), I am moving today (along with my wife and pets) to Craftsbury, Vermont, a small beautiful town in the "Northeast Kingdom" region of Vermont.  Below is a photo that I took in February of the town's common, along with a photo of my new golden retriever puppy Seamus.  

Yesterday was my last day working at my Boston law firm and I plan to take the summer off enjoying the wonders of a stress free summer in Vermont.  In the fall I will resume my law practice, but as a small town Vermont lawyer.  Life is good. 

968471005_CraftsburyCommon.thumb.jpg.435a4ca146bc458169594f5a4274beac.jpg

IMG_5395.thumb.jpg.409ceb13e3ca6bb979754e460a471ebb.jpg

Everything about this post seems very relaxed and peaceful.  OK, Seamus may give you a few wild moments but at least they will be adorable. Best to you in your new life!

A new adventure for sure but I know that you, your wife, Seamus and other pets are going to have a wonderful life in Vermont.

No doubt about it, it does look beautiful.

Visiting Vermont is really the only thing on my bucket....and you get to live there.....magical!!!! Hope the move goes smoothly, enjoy your break, and love your new life.

Sounds  heavenly!  We have vacationed a few times in Vermont and my kids loved it there.....they always talk about it (as “the place without signs” since they don’t have billboards all over). Beautiful state, enjoy!  I’d warn you that the winters are cold and snowy, but you’re used to that!  Love how you changed your location already, I can tell youre excited about it!  Have an awesome summer getting to know your new home town and area and what a perfect way to meet the neighbors, by taking walks with  Seamus!

@Res Ipsa, I am thrilled to the bottom of my heart for you and your wife and fur babies as you start this new chapter in your life! But I have got to say...Seamus has got to be THE most beautiful puppy I have ever seen!! I’m in love!! :wub:

Enjoy all that beautiful Vermont has to offer! Safe travels, my friend :) 

Looks beautiful!  Cute pup!  Enjoy your new lifestyle.  Hope it’s not too quiet for you!,

Thank you for the kind words. I love it here in Vermont. 

A7AD35CB-7BAA-49C0-B79B-02310912F920.thumb.jpeg.7e39c37e23a34f299d1b3d118477117b.jpeg471D806E-AF19-41BD-BC98-AAB57A0F4E14.thumb.jpeg.a58d41a32bef428bedc9cc43781d03f1.jpeg

Wow! How idyllic! You're going to have a great time getting used to life in a small town, I think :) The puppy will help keep you busy, I imagine - what a cutie. Enjoy!

Congratulations on the new venture in life.  It looks beautiful and so peaceful.  Wishing you and your family much happiness.  Cute puppy!!

How many miles was your move? Your new home seems quaint and quiet! I live in a very small community, 1400 population, Earllville Il. We have been here 28 years. I am from Naperville Il, population over 200,000, I am about 70 miles from Chicago. We live VERY quietly and peaceful. I would never live in congested areas again. You will so love your new surroundings. Enjoy each day this summer to the fullest. 

@Res Ipsa Congrats on the move! (Am sure you read about the snarled commutes here in greater Boston with the green and red line derailments... and are dancing with delight at not having to put up with it!)

On 6/6/2019 at 8:32 AM, Res Ipsa said:

After living my entire life in Boston (except for a few years spent living abroad), I am moving today (along with my wife and pets) to Craftsbury, Vermont, a small beautiful town in the "Northeast Kingdom" region of Vermont.  Below is a photo that I took in February of the town's common, along with a photo of my new golden retriever puppy Seamus.  

Yesterday was my last day working at my Boston law firm and I plan to take the summer off enjoying the wonders of a stress free summer in Vermont.  In the fall I will resume my law practice, but as a small town Vermont lawyer.  Life is good. 

968471005_CraftsburyCommon.thumb.jpg.435a4ca146bc458169594f5a4274beac.jpg

IMG_5395.thumb.jpg.409ceb13e3ca6bb979754e460a471ebb.jpg

@Res Ipsa Congrats!!! Boston will miss you but I’m happy you are living your dream. Vermont is beautiful and will be a nice change of pace. What are you most looking forward to doing with your new life?

Seamus is adorable!

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

What are you most looking forward to doing with your new life?

Seamus is adorable!

I am looking forward to living in a small Vermont town as a resident, rather than as a visitor, and to leaving the traffic, stress, and noise of city life.

I am also looking forward to raising Seamus (photo of him from earlier today below) and to using my legal skills to help people. 

I am looking forward to eating food mostly sourced from local farms.

Finally, I am looking forward to enjoying all of the beauty and seasons of Vermont (even the spring time “mud season” -_-).

If you, @BurgundyBoy, and/or @Kio plan a Boston get together this summer, let me know as I’ll do my best to attend. 

8EF10BBA-FD1E-447B-A480-F03652DF28A5.jpeg

I can’t get enough of that gorgeous face!! Seamus is adorable ❤️