3 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I’m PRAYING it’s just because that egg bowl was the wrong choice for my still healing pouch.

Eggs remain one of the most difficult things for me, which stinks because they're a pretty ideal food for a mostly-vegetarian post-op person. Your pouch might just be having some issues with certain things, and if lunch meat and cheese worked OK for you later (barring the pain that might just be from being previously irritated), maybe focus on those for the moment. Or just really easy stuff like shakes and yogurt and cottage cheese. I hate to recommend tofu to a non-vegetarian because they usually wrinkle their noses at the idea, but tofu is really really easy to eat for me, and can be made tasty with coconut milk/cream and just a bit of curry paste, if you're feeling adventurous. Coconut cream has a ton of calories, too, since you're looking for that right now. 

You're struggling. I'm sorry! I hope your pouch starts to feel better. I find that the more I stress about eating something, the grumpier my pouch gets :/ 

Congratulations on getting your weight back up a tad Trish - little steps.

I haven't been able to get eggs down since my WLS, regardless of how their prepared and I know of several bariatric patients who still find eggs a bit hit and miss so don't worry too much about it.

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

Congratulations on getting your weight back up a tad Trish - little steps.

I haven't been able to get eggs down since my WLS, regardless of how their prepared and I know of several bariatric patients who still find eggs a bit hit and miss so don't worry too much about it.

Thank you, @cinwa :) I was at 125 pounds even this morning, so I’m relaxing about that a little now.

I have been able to eat scrambled (well, any kind really) eggs since about 3 or 4 months out with little problem. But these egg bowl things...well they are processed, which I don’t like to do a lot, but I will occasionally in situations like this. But it just seems really heavy. There is sausage and veggies and cheese in there too, but it just didn’t work. I ate eggs for breakfast yesterday, that I cooked, and they were fine. So I guess maybe the lesson is to cook my own eggs, lol. 

I just cooked some eggs a little while ago and they seem to be going down fine so far. Fingers crossed!

10 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Eggs remain one of the most difficult things for me, which stinks because they're a pretty ideal food for a mostly-vegetarian post-op person. Your pouch might just be having some issues with certain things, and if lunch meat and cheese worked OK for you later (barring the pain that might just be from being previously irritated), maybe focus on those for the moment. Or just really easy stuff like shakes and yogurt and cottage cheese. I hate to recommend tofu to a non-vegetarian because they usually wrinkle their noses at the idea, but tofu is really really easy to eat for me, and can be made tasty with coconut milk/cream and just a bit of curry paste, if you're feeling adventurous. Coconut cream has a ton of calories, too, since you're looking for that right now. 

You're struggling. I'm sorry! I hope your pouch starts to feel better. I find that the more I stress about eating something, the grumpier my pouch gets :/ 

That does stink that you can’t do eggs, because really they are an ideal food for folks like us. But I feel like I’m in the minority because I have been able to tolerate them when a lot of people post op don’t seem to be able to.

I think the problem was trying to eat the heavy, processed eggs instead of taking 5 minutes and cooking some fresh. In the quest to save time, I ended up making myself sick again...soooo not worth it! 

Im definitely sticking to lunchmeat for the next week or so for lunches, and I bought a rotisserie chicken and stripped the meat off of that to have for my dinners for the next week as well. I always have plenty of yogurt in the house, lol, plus I did buy a few cottage cheese singles to keep on hand for now as well, just in case. 

As for tofu, I tried it once at the Healthy Living Market. They had it prepared somehow, I can’t remember...maybe like a stir fry type dish? It was actually pretty good, lol. I’ve been playing around with trying it again in different recipes. I’m usually pretty open to trying new things, unless it’s raw fish. I just can’t do that! 

And I agree 110% about the pouch getting grumpier the more I stress about eating! So far, so good today...so far, lol. Fingers crossed that it stays this way!

21 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Thank you, @cinwa :) I was at 125 pounds even this morning, so I’m relaxing about that a little now.

I have been able to eat scrambled (well, any kind really) eggs since about 3 or 4 months out with little problem. But these egg bowl things...well they are processed, which I don’t like to do a lot, but I will occasionally in situations like this. But it just seems really heavy. There is sausage and veggies and cheese in there too, but it just didn’t work. I ate eggs for breakfast yesterday, that I cooked, and they were fine. So I guess maybe the lesson is to cook my own eggs, lol. 

I just cooked some eggs a little while ago and they seem to be going down fine so far. Fingers crossed!

My DH likes the Jimmy Dean Meat Lovers Bowl but the ingredient list scares the pants off me and it has close to 500 calories (37g of which is fat).

PRECOOKED SCRAMBLED EGGS (WHOLE EGGS, SKIM MILK, SOYBEAN OIL, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, XANTHAN GUM, LIQUID PEPPER EXTRACT, SALT, CITRIC ACID, BUTTER FLAVOR [BUTTER {CREAM, MILK}, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND COTTONSEED OIL, SOYBEAN OIL, LIPOLYZED BUTTER OIL, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS]), DICED POTATOES (POTATOES, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL [SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED OILS], AND/OR VEGETABLE OIL [CANOLA, SOYBEAN AND/OR SUNFLOWER OILS], MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, DEXTROSE, TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE AND DISODIUM DIHYDROGEN PYROPHOSPHATE [TO MAINTAIN NATURAL COLOR]), COOKED  PORK SAUSAGE CRUMBLES (PORK, WATER, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SALT, SUGAR, SPICES, NATURAL FLAVOR (WITH MALTODEXTRIN, SUCCINIC ACID), SODIUM PHOSPHATE, CARAMEL COLOR).SHREDDED MILD CHEDDAR CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURE, SALT, ENZYMES, ANNATTO COLOR), WATER, PRECOOKED BACON TOPPINGS SMOKE FLAVOR ADDED ([CURED WITH WATER, SALT, SUGAR, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM ERYTHORBATE, SODIUM NITRITE], SMOKE FLAVORING).

So!  I made a small batch of your DH's meatloaf recipe, measured out level tablespoons of the mixture, rolled them into balls and baked them on a tray, cool and then freeze.  I pull out a few the night before and voila!    

On 6/4/2019 at 7:46 PM, Nana Trish said:

Hey guys, just popping in to say hi and give you a quick update on what’s been going on over the past week or so. Ugh...

So last Wednesday I started having symptoms of that gastritis that I had back in March all over again. It happened exactly the same as last time, except this time I had severe pain in my pouch that went all the way through to my back. I ate my usual snack of fruit and yogurt, and about 15 minutes later I started to feel like I was going to dump. My heart started racing, I was sweating, foamies, SEVERE nausea, pain. So I took 1/2 Xanax and lay down preparing for a miserable hour or so. This was at 4pm Wednesday. After puking up foam all night long and not being able to eat or drink anything for 16 hours, I told hubby it was time to head back to the ER on Thursday morning. Again. I was supposed to have my 2 year check with my bariatric surgeon Thursday, so hubby called and cancelled that, and explained why. 

After a CT scan and an upper endoscopy both came back negative, my bariatric surgeon took over my case and decided to do exploratory surgery. Apparently I had a hernia, scar tissue that was binding my pouch to my peritineum, and a large diverticula that needed to come out. I had the surgery yesterday afternoon and got discharged this morning.

I am extremely grateful that my bariatric surgeon took charge, found the problems, and took care of them. I probably won’t be on for long today because I’m completely wiped out and in some pain from the surgery (funny thing is, this one hurt way more than my bypass). Hopefully I will have some more energy and be feeling better in a couple of days, and I’ll be able to come back and get caught up with what’s been going on with everybody :) 

I don’t miss the pre or immediately post op days one bit...6 days is a very long time to go without food. Probably didn’t help that I couldn’t even drink water. Thanks for listening guys ❤️

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d06425634746e7259

On 6/5/2019 at 8:23 PM, Nana Trish said:

@BurgundyBoy...TOO scrawny now, lol! They look even smaller in person. My weight is about 15 pounds below my comfort zone, and I’m hoping that this whole mess is what has been causing the weight loss I’ve had since my knee surgeries. The way I’ve been eating today, I should gain that 15 pounds in no time!

That start weight was scary...I think of it as little as possible these days :) 

How have you and your Perfect Wife been getting along? I hope things have been well with you!! ❤️

Whether it is now of 15 lbs from now, you have lost over 200lbs! You amaze me, Trish. Feel better soon.  

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d06425634746e7259

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Whether it is now of 15 lbs from now, you have lost over 200lbs! You amaze me, Trish. Feel better soon.  

I DO need a hug right now...thank you!!!

Yeah, it’s a bit surreal saying I’ve lost 200+ pounds. Something I never imagined would happen, and didn’t really want, to be totally honest. I was back up to 125, and now I’m down to 121 after getting sick yet AGAIN yesterday. Since my surgery, now I can’t poop...and I’m so backed up that I started vomiting yet again yesterday. I’ve been trying all the laxatives and it still hasn’t been working, until this morning thank God. I’m finally able to start back on protein shakes. I’ve gotta say, I’m a little scared to try solid food again after this. So....

PLEASE SEND ALL THE HUGS!! ❤️❤️❤️

33 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

PLEASE SEND ALL THE HUGS!! ❤️❤️❤️

t4614.gif

11 minutes ago, cinwa said:

t4614.gif

Thank you, @cinwa!!! I needed that!! ❤️