I got the date June 17 now my nerves are on edge.....and I lost another 4 pounds 

Congratulations Robin!  

This can be an emotional time but hang in there.  The rewards are beyond anything you could imagine.

Thank you @cinwa

You got this!!  It's an amazing journey. Keep rocking that pre-surgery weight loss, it pays off in the end. The journey is difficult for sure and you'll have regrets like many of us did that first few rough weeks. LOL But it's all great later. From what I understand it's like birthing a baby...it sucks and is horrible and then you see it and forget all the pain and suffering you had during pregnancy and birth and suddenly you want another one. :D  I have zero regret now! Keep us posted!

Congrats and welcome to the start of your new gloriously healthy life!  I think I was 50 or 51 when I first started working on the approval process and this has completely and totally changed my life in ways I couldn't even imagine.  It's not always an easy journey but it is an amazing one!

Very exciting! Just over two weeks now. You're going to do great! :) 

Woohoo!!!! Big congratulations to you!!! 

I am just over 1 year out from sleeve surgery and remember the excitement of finally getting a date well. 

On 5/31/2019 at 5:44 AM, robin0418 said:

I got the date June 17 now my nerves are on edge.....and I lost another 4 pounds 

Robin glad to see you posting again and with such great news. We are here for you!

What kind of prep do you have?   (Like what kind of special diet and when does that start?  That is when it seemed really real for me!  I had 2 wks liquid pre-op but some have a mixed like Bfast and Lunch protein shakes and chicken breast and veggies for dinner etc.  

I am on no special diet at all UNTIL after surgery, didn't have a weight loss stipulation either just couldn't gain anything after my initial visit, had to have medical clearance due to heart condition and passed it so I really did make the right choice with this Dr 

I didn’t have to lose any to get approved either...in fact, I ate what I wanted that whole 6 months and gained 10# bc I knew it was coming off and i feared I wouldn’t be able to eat ______ (fill in the blank) EVER again so i Indulged.  I have had a few of the things again (I had a biscuit *gasp* and survived! Now I don’t do that often but after I reached goal I did allow a little indulgence here and there but have to rein it in if I feel out of control).  I did have the 2 wks liquid pre (and post) surgery and lost a lot pre, so that helped me really push through it.  I had just turned 51 when I had my surgery.  I never regretted it for one second (just regretted I didn’t have it sooner!) but you are still at a good age, you’d be surprised what a 50 yr old can do when they are’t morbidly obese!

Good luck!  Won’t be long before you are on the losers bench!

13 days and counting I am so excited 

18 minutes ago, robin0418 said:

13 days and counting I am so excited 

Robin we are totally with you. 

Surgery at 51!  You've got this Robin! :)

Petty_Tammy_2018.jpg

Petty_Tammy226.JPG

Edited by TammyP

Wow girl you look great !!!!!

2 minutes ago, robin0418 said:

Wow girl you look great !!!!!

Thanks Robin.  Make sure to take a lot of pics and your measurements.  I wish I had more "before" pics, but I hated/evaded the camera as much as possible.  I regret that now.  

This is been such a long time coming - I am very excited for you! :)

By now yours is done......congrats.

I finally share that feeling.

I have 9 days left to countdown.