NerdyToothpick

My husband got remarried?

My MIL is visiting (hiss) and a friend asked her about the woman my husband remarried. Apparently, the friend didn’t recognize me and thought I was a different person! 

I haven’t told my MIL about the surgery because all of Eastern Europe would find out. I’m not shy about telling people about my surgery but it’s my story to tell. Besides, I’d tell the mailman before I’d tell her. 

I had a similar thing happen when an elderly neighbour asked me what had happened to the woman that used to live in my house after my husband died.  He was kind of shocked when I told him that was in fact me!!!! 

That is so funny :lol:

Yikes. I'm sure this has happened behind my back, tbh, but glad I don't know about it!! 

Some people I feel like I can tell, some people I think it's best not to tell. It's a tough decision, but there you go. It's my decision. And your decision. No one "deserves" to know.

So, I wonder which wife your husband likes more?  I suspect he loves them both just as much but that YOU love his 2nd wife more! ;)

Lol!  My mil doesn’t know either.  I told our kids I’d disown them if she found out!  I certainly try not to talk to her.  You go girl!

It’s funny now but in the moment, it was a bit of a shock. I’ve been in this body for two years and I was surprised that anyone wouldn’t recognize me. Silly rabbit! 

The best part of this story is realizing that I’m getting used to being the healthiest version of me! 

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

It’s funny now but in the moment, it was a bit of a shock. I’ve been in this body for two years and I was surprised that anyone wouldn’t recognize me. Silly rabbit! 

The best part of this story is realizing that I’m getting used to being the healthiest version of me! 

NT you look wonderful!  It’s great seeing your face around here again!

You crack me up, woman :lol:

On 5/30/2019 at 11:14 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

My MIL is visiting (hiss) and a friend asked her about the woman my husband remarried. Apparently, the friend didn’t recognize me and thought I was a different person! 

I haven’t told my MIL about the surgery because all of Eastern Europe would find out. I’m not shy about telling people about my surgery but it’s my story to tell. Besides, I’d tell the mailman before I’d tell her. 

Maybe you should spread the rumors about a new wife and call her ... Lucy ... and start using your nickname "Lucy" to see how far you can go with this.... the stories might get you invited to lots of dinner parties just for your talents as a raconteur! and what better than stories like this?!

(Does your MIL think you lost all your weight though force of character, etc etc? That can't be against you!!)

On 6/5/2019 at 8:09 PM, Nana Trish said:

You crack me up, woman :lol:

95A3A4FB-4DB5-4C6D-A22B-644B738787AE.gif

On 6/2/2019 at 10:25 AM, Cheesehead said:

NT you look wonderful!  It’s great seeing your face around here again!

Thank you! I’m trying to stop by as often as I can. ❤️❤️❤️

On 6/5/2019 at 8:16 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Maybe you should spread the rumors about a new wife and call her ... Lucy ... and start using your nickname "Lucy" to see how far you can go with this.... the stories might get you invited to lots of dinner parties just for your talents as a raconteur! and what better than stories like this?!

(Does your MIL think you lost all your weight though force of character, etc etc? That can't be against you!!)

@BurgundyBoy You are brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I’ve always wanted a society girl nickname like Kitty or Bunny. I will tell stories about my marriage to an 87 year old man when I was 22. It was true love. The purest kind. 

I’m not sure what my MIL thinks and IGAF. She sure a sht doesn’t know that it was WLS!

God, I’m mean...