ktallon

Suggestions

Okay ladies and gentlemen i just found out i am pregnant. Happened sooner than planned but a blessing none the less. My son is totally ecstatic to be a big brother. What can i do to help ease the morning sickness (or in this case all day long). Its been 8 years since i was last pregnant so i honestly don't remember much haha. Due around February 3 2020.

Hi ktallon!

I don’t have any suggestions because I’ve never been pregnant, but I wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy! 

Congratulations ktallon!

I wish I had some words of wisdom on morning sickness but I didn't have that problem with either of my two.

@ktallon CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I have no advice other than ginger tea but...

0731D11C-F22C-4A66-8D0E-31C257C28A00.gif

Congrats! :) 

Try getting a ginger root from the store. Slice a piece off when you get nauseous and put it between teeth and gums. It works miracles. 

Congratulations and good luck!!! 

The only thing that ever worked for me with morning sickness was salt and vinegar potato chips and ginger ale...neither of which I would suggest to you now, for obvious reasons, lol. I hope you find something that helps!! 

Congratulations on the happy news! Best wishes for a safe and healthy pregnancy ❤️❤️❤️

On 6/1/2019 at 12:45 PM, Readytobeme said:

Try getting a ginger root from the store. Slice a piece off when you get nauseous and put it between teeth and gums. It works miracles. 

Congratulations and good luck!!! 

I’ve never heard of this...I just want to ask, does it work for any nausea? Or just like morning sickness type nausea? I only ask in case I need more nausea help anytime soon...I can’t go through that again without having some kind of magic card in my pocket to help...lol :) 

12 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I’ve never heard of this...I just want to ask, does it work for any nausea? Or just like morning sickness type nausea? I only ask in case I need more nausea help anytime soon...I can’t go through that again without having some kind of magic card in my pocket to help...lol :) 

Ginger is great for nausea Trish.  I've always got fresh ginger in my freezer Trish - peeled/scraped of the skin.  As and when needed, it's easy to grate from frozen on a fine grater of sliced with a vegetable peeler.  

Apart from the culinary uses, grated/sliced ginger is good for a tea for an upset tummy, colds and the like - with a touch of honey and or lemon if needed.  Sucking on a slice or two works too and that's good for sore throats and coughs as well.

I deal with Raynaud's in my hands in cold weather and it is very painful but ginger tea really does help as it dilates blood vessels which helps blood circulation.

You can buy ginger tea in most markets but I always have fresh stuff in my freezer.

Thank you all for your suggestions as always i appreciate it but unfortunately i suffered a miscarriage early in the week. I am going to be taking some time to myself for a while as i try to work through all the emotions i am feeling right now. I hope you all understand and i will hopefully be back soon in a better headspace than i am now

1 hour ago, ktallon said:

Thank you all for your suggestions as always i appreciate it but unfortunately i suffered a miscarriage early in the week. I am going to be taking some time to myself for a while as i try to work through all the emotions i am feeling right now. I hope you all understand and i will hopefully be back soon in a better headspace than i am now

So sorry to hear of your loss.    {{{HUGS}}}

12 hours ago, cinwa said:

Ginger is great for nausea Trish.  I've always got fresh ginger in my freezer Trish - peeled/scraped of the skin.  As and when needed, it's easy to grate from frozen on a fine grater of sliced with a vegetable peeler.  

Apart from the culinary uses, grated/sliced ginger is good for a tea for an upset tummy, colds and the like - with a touch of honey and or lemon if needed.  Sucking on a slice or two works too and that's good for sore throats and coughs as well.

I deal with Raynaud's in my hands in cold weather and it is very painful but ginger tea really does help as it dilates blood vessels which helps blood circulation.

You can buy ginger tea in most markets but I always have fresh stuff in my freezer.

Thank you for this, dear friend! I will definitely remember this for future reference ❤️

Dear God, @ktallon, I can’t tell you how truly sorry I am for your loss. Sending long distance hugs, and always lots and lots of prayers and love. 

I'm so sorry to hear this. Take all the time you need to process this, and get back to us when you're feeling up to it. We're here for you.

On 6/6/2019 at 6:43 PM, ktallon said:

(((Hugs))) I’m sorry about your loss. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage and I know how devastating it is go through a loss. Be kind to yourself.