I am new here. I am currently in my 1st day of my pre op liquid diet. My gastric sleeve surgery is scheduled for Monday June 3rd. My Dr said i need to take 3 Impact Recovery drinks a day, but i am having so much trouble with it, they taste sooo bad. Any recommendations  as to a replacement ???   

The Premier Protein pre-mixed shakes are tasty - I especially like the chocolate and the cookies & cream flavors. The strawberry and vanilla flavors are also reasonably good tasting. You can buy them in four packs at Walmart and Target, and in larger packs at Costco. 

We are here to support you, and to welcome you soon to the “losers bench.” :)

Thank you so much! These are pretty bad!! lol

I don’t mind Optifast, have you tried it?

I was (and still am) a Syntrax Nectar gal.

You can get samples packs direct from Syntrax, Amazon, My Bariatric Pantry, BariatricPal (and others).  Unflavoured protein powder (I used Isopure) is good for adding to Crystal Light etc.

I also liked Isopure bottled drinks (diluted at least 50/50 with water - they're a little strong as is for my taste buds).  My Walmart stocks them - so does GNC.  Isopure also do an unflavoured powder which was OK - early out, I added a small amount to my Crystal Light (diluted - I find it too strong otherwise).

22 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

The Premier Protein pre-mixed shakes are tasty - I especially like the chocolate and the cookies & cream flavors. The strawberry and vanilla flavors are also reasonably good tasting. You can buy them in four packs at Walmart and Target, and in larger packs at Costco. 

We are here to support you, and to welcome you soon to the “losers bench.” :)

23 hours ago, nikynash said:

I am new here. I am currently in my 1st day of my pre op liquid diet. My gastric sleeve surgery is scheduled for Monday June 3rd. My Dr said i need to take 3 Impact Recovery drinks a day, but i am having so much trouble with it, they taste sooo bad. Any recommendations  as to a replacement ???   

My favorite are also premier. They taste good to me.  Good luck on your journey !

2 hours ago, tracyringo said:

My favorite are also premier. They taste good to me.  Good luck on your journey !

Thanks! I called the Dr she told me to either do The Impact ones that i have hated so bad, and Ensure Enlive....Apparently these are the ones she recommends prior to the surgery...

On 5/30/2019 at 1:48 PM, nikynash said:

Thanks! I called the Dr she told me to either do The Impact ones that i have hated so bad, and Ensure Enlive....Apparently these are the ones she recommends prior to the surgery...

It's common to have a real brand preference.