Sign in to follow this  
ktallon

Random question

So random question for anyone else who has to take antipsychotics. I saw my doctor and she started me on Lithium for my bipolar. My question is if any of you have been on this before did you experience a higher sensitivity to the sun? I haven't been on it qiute a week but i feel like i can't handle being in the sun for any amount of time. Yesterday i took my son to the pool and after 20 minutes i felt extremely drowsy and dehydrated. I of course plan on asking about this at my follow up this week but i wanted to see if any of you had any insight perhaps in the mean time.

I was on lithium for several years, but that was back in the early 2000’s. I think I do remember having a sensitivity to the sun, but I couldn’t tell you exactly what my symptoms were. I’m lucky if I can remember my own name most days, lol. I would definitely speak to your doctor about it though. I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful. 

How have you been feeling otherwise, @ktallon? You’re always in my prayers ❤️

Im feeling pretty good for the most part these days @Nana Trish other than ups and downs of bipolar i finally have all my other issues under control. Was a long bumpy road but glad i made it.

That makes me so happy to hear that, @ktallon!!! It certainly was a long, very bumpy road for you! I am right there with you with the bipolar issues unfortunately :( I had to stop taking my beloved Lamictal because it was causing me some very unpleasant side effects. I’ve been unmedicated for a few months now and it hasn’t been fun. (((Hugs))) to you, my friend!