Brooke Danielle

5 Year Update With Pics!

I haven't been here in so long! I'm over 5 years post op. I lost about 175 lbs within the first 2 years after surgery and I've maintained well. It hasn't always been easy but it's definitely been worth it! I am forever thankful for my wls! 

18503.jpeg

33195.png

What do you do to maintain?

Inspirational @Brooke Danielle

Yes I’d love to know what your tips for maintaining are and a little snapshot of your new lifestyle! 

On 5/26/2019 at 9:06 AM, Anita62 said:

What do you do to maintain?

13 hours ago, the_gilded_lily said:

Inspirational @Brooke Danielle

Yes I’d love to know what your tips for maintaining are and a little snapshot of your new lifestyle! 

The first couple of years, I walked 5 days a week, I kept track of my carbs and protein on My Fitness Pal, and I followed my surgeons directions to a T. The last few years I've found my new "normal". I can eat wherever and whatever I want in moderation. Thankfully, I still dump if I have too many carbs or sweets, so that definitely keeps me on my toes! I still feel hungry more often than most people, and I still like cheeseburgers and cake, but my biggest fear is regaining weight. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those lucky ones that eats whatever they want and stays skinny, so I always try to stay conscious of the fact that I'll never be able to fully relax. But I'll take this life over being morbidly overweight, any day.

Anyone can do it. It may be harder for some, than others. It may take longer for some, but everyone can do it. 

47 minutes ago, Brooke Danielle said:

The first couple of years, I walked 5 days a week, I kept track of my carbs and protein on My Fitness Pal, and I followed my surgeons directions to a T. The last few years I've found my new "normal". I can eat wherever and whatever I want in moderation. Thankfully, I still dump if I have too many carbs or sweets, so that definitely keeps me on my toes! I still feel hungry more often than most people, and I still like cheeseburgers and cake, but my biggest fear is regaining weight. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those lucky ones that eats whatever they want and stays skinny, so I always try to stay conscious of the fact that I'll never be able to fully relax. But I'll take this life over being morbidly overweight, any day.

Anyone can do it. It may be harder for some, than others. It may take longer for some, but everyone can do it. 

Wow, outstanding! You look great and clearly are being mindful. Congratulations!

Beautiful!

You look absolutely stunning Brooke.

Do you have any before pics?  

On 6/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, BurgundyBoy said:

Wow, outstanding! You look great and clearly are being mindful. Congratulations!

On 6/4/2019 at 10:02 PM, Cheesehead said:

Beautiful!

On 6/5/2019 at 8:06 AM, cinwa said:

You look absolutely stunning Brooke.

Do you have any before pics?  

Thank you! You all look great as well! I don't have any before pics with me right now, but I will definitely post one soon. ❤

You are an inspiration to us all.