Sign in to follow this  
Nana Trish

2 year check up

Next Thursday, the 30th, I have my 2 year surgiversary check up. I went for my blood work today. I can’t wait to go to this appointment. I was told prior to my WLS that I was expected to reach 184 from the surgery. I told the PA at one of my follow up appts. during the first year that I wanted to reach 160. She told me that would be very difficult, not to get disappointed if it didn’t happen, etc, etc. I was also told that my IDEAL body weight was 133, and that is when they consider you having lost 100% of your excess weight. (I think once you hit the “normal BMI” range, that is when they should say you have lost 100% of your excess weight, personally...)

I’m soooo looking forward to seeing her expression when she sees that I not only reached my goal of 160, but that I have indeed lost 100% of my excess weight! I’m kind of feeling a little “in your face” (toward the PA) about this, and I know I shouldn’t be, but I think it was wrong of her to have told me that reaching 160 was basically out of reach for me. They should never tell a patient that something is out of reach, or even difficult, especially if the patient is doing exceedingly well according to said PA. 

Other than that, I’m anxious to see if all of my levels are good. Hoping I have no deficiencies and everything looks good. I always take my supplements, with the rare exception when I forget them and I’m at the doctor or something like that. So fingers and toes crossed!! 

I will let y’all know how it went after the appointment :) :) :) 

Good luck to you, Trish!! You truly have done exceptionally well. Especially considering all of the obstacles that you have faced and overcome. 

I am going to have my one year bloodwork done next week with a new dr (love him) at my new location. I also take my vitamins religiously but can’t wait to see how I am doing. 

I  totally get the “in your face” feeling towards the Pa as well. My husband refuses to see a PA. He says that they are charging him for a dr visit and that’s who he wants to see. 

Congrats on going for your one year check up!! I hope all of your labs come back well ❤️ I hope both of ours do! 

Thanks for the lovely compliments, @Readytobeme :) I’d actually like to gain a little weight back, but I haven’t had any luck so far. I prefer to be closer to the 135-140 range, so we will see. 

It’s funny that you say that about seeing a PA versus the doc. I had my choice, but I chose the PA this time. I only did that, because it’s the same PA that told me I would have a hard time reaching 160, lol. I totally see where your husband is coming from, though. And he’s right! We should never settle...if we want to see the doctor, that’s who we should get to see. 

17 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Good luck to you, Trish!! You truly have done exceptionally well. Especially considering all of the obstacles that you have faced and overcome. 

I am going to have my one year bloodwork done next week with a new dr (love him) at my new location. I also take my vitamins religiously but can’t wait to see how I am doing. 

I  totally get the “in your face” feeling towards the Pa as well. My husband refuses to see a PA. He says that they are charging him for a dr visit and that’s who he wants to see. 

I refuse to see a PA as well.  My pcp told me I’m a difficult patient to treat and to try and get someone with experience.  (He retired so I’m floating but am up front when I schedule a dr visit.). 

Trish, you go girl!  

On 5/24/2019 at 5:47 PM, Cheesehead said:

I refuse to see a PA as well.  My pcp told me I’m a difficult patient to treat and to try and get someone with experience.  (He retired so I’m floating but am up front when I schedule a dr visit.). 

Trish, you go girl!  

I think we would get along well, @Cheesehead...I’m definitely a difficult patient to treat as well!! Lol :) If you find the right doctor, you will never HAVE to see the PA if you don’t want to. One of the things I love about my PCP is the fact that it’s just him, one PA and one nurse practitioner in his office, that’s it. And we can see whomever we want whenever we choose. AND, it doesn’t take 2 weeks to get in to see them. I absolutely love my PCP, and feel so lucky to have found him. It’s been about 1.5 years since I started seeing him, and at my last visit I told him he’s not ever allowed to retire :) Luckily for me he is only 2 years older than I am, lol.